Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

4 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

When you think your car windscreen hasn't iced over. Only to find when you go outside a layer of ice that only a jack hammer will remove it. Grrrrrrrrrr and Brrrrrrrrr. :angry:

3 hours ago, mozza said:

Luke warm water in a four pinta sorts most icy problems out, bugger scraping it.

3 hours ago, Moist One said:

as long as the water is not too hot for you to place your hands in, it'll be fine.

Don't ever buy a SEAT then.

10 minutes of engine running, scrape every pane of glass, only to realise the ice is on the inside of the car!

When I moaned about it at service time, told it was common to new cars as the glass is much thinner to save weight.

Bet it doesn't happen in VW's and Audis though!

7 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Don't ever buy a SEAT then.

10 minutes of engine running, scrape every pane of glass, only to realise the ice is on the inside of the car!

When I moaned about it at service time, told it was common to new cars as the glass is much thinner to save weight.

Bet it doesn't happen in VW's and Audis though!

had same on my old Volvo, nothing the demister couldn't sort out eventually! :lol: 

10 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Vehicles with only one headlight working (an ever-increasing number)

Vehicles with headlights badly adjusted so that they shine at your eyes

Vehicles parked on your side of the road, facing you, on full beam.

I noticed this seemed to happen a lot around the time the recession kicked in, guess people were taking short cuts on servicing or not bothering at all.

My gripe is also Motorcyclists, a lot of them always seem to have main beam on.....so annoying.

A moped or motor bike in a parking bay. Looks like its empty then you get there and its not, also happens with smart cars too.

Being a "mature" full time college student over 21 I've found out I can earn more money by working one shift at work or going on JSA via claiming housing benefit than working my current 25hrs a week on top of studying. £200 a month more.... Not annoyed with earning more obviously but this benefits system is a shambles. I can easily work 25 hours a week yet it's better financially for me to do less..... I could happily take council tax exemption but I can't do that yet they are willing to give me £200 a week in housing benefit. Feel like a right scrounger ☹️

Edited by SouthStandDan

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rynny said:

People walking down the middle of the road when the pavements have a bit of snow on them.

Had it today where the road had more ice on it than the pavement yet a woman was still walking on the road with her pushchair.

Having to walking on the road because no one clears their drives and pathways anymore and the council are useless.