Charles Vernam (Loan) - ÍB Vestmannaeyja

BottrillRAM

14 minutes ago, ramit said:

Yes it was, but we have already caught up and then some.  We were even thirstier for it before it was legalized.  i can recall sailing across the Atlantic on our way home from a foreign port and every crew member, except for me was blotto the whole time. i had lived in USA and so for me it wasn't anything to get excited about.  i can still hear those empty bottles stored in every available nook and cranny clinking and clanking with every movement of the ship.                                                       

Since it was legalised hasn't your country melted, errupted, and gone bankrupt? Maybe drinking doesn't suit you?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Anon said:

Since it was legalised hasn't your country melted, errupted, and gone bankrupt? Maybe drinking doesn't suit you?

You're right, it doesn't, but the drinking culture did eventually become more healthy as a result of the legalization.  Before that everyone drank spirits and the downtown area was like a zoo on weekend nights.  That theory of yours is a bit worrying though.  i would call the PM about it, but it's midday and he's probably drunk as a skunk.

3 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Icelandic woman are hot :whistle:

We have our share.  The vikings stole them from Ireland and Scotland over a thousand years ago and they're still making the men pay for it :D

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

Wasn't beer illegal in Iceland until the late 1980s? They have a lot of catching up to do.

Strangely enough, strong beer was banned - but the Icelandic definition of 'strong' was little more than 2% alcohol. Yet spirits weren't banned after 1935. It probably explains why my old mate Einar used to like a beer with a double whisky in it.

3 hours ago, ramit said:

No footage from the first game but found footage of the goals in the Fjölnir - ÍBV one.

Vernam is number 33 and played the whole game.

Have been a bit busy lately but i will follow him during the season and report any scraps i can pick up.

Ramit... What a guy.

3 hours ago, ramit said:

We have our share.  The vikings stole them from Ireland and Scotland over a thousand years ago and they're still making the men pay for it :D

They may be hot but at over a thousand years old, not my idea of a date, ramit. :D

ÍBV 1 Víkingur Ólafsvík 1

Vernam came on as a sub on 64 minutes and played no part in the goal.

ÍBV was robbed when a very soft penalty was given on 88 minutes.

Hardly worth mentioning really, but i said i would follow the lad and i will

until you beg me to stop. :)

9 hours ago, Rampage said:

You could also copy the reports into U21 thread if you think it is a good idea

That's a sensible idea, so it's decided then, next report will appear in the U21 thread.

As the U21 thread seems to have disappeared, i will continue this here.

Found a very short video of two goals from last game and a pic of Charles in the thick of it.

Next game will be on the 22nd at 18.00 your time, a home tie against the club i have supported Víkingur, but if Vernam plays i will of course be wanting him to score.  Sorry Víkingur, guess i'm not even a plastic fan.

700w.jpg

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Hi ramit, I have copied your latest post and it is also on U21 thread now. Simply copy and paste URL and it sends the video and photos. U21 thread was on page three of original forum. :thumbsup:

Silly me, i didn't think of that.  Thanks for fixing that for me Rampage.:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

And to say we're embarrassed about the Just Eat sponsor. Piggy Bank Bonus or something? That's shocking!

That's the logo for a grocery store chain here and yes it's truly awful.  Have no idea why Fylkir has it as well, maybe they're sponsoring the whole league, yikes, the pink piggy league :ermm:  Charles will be so pleased that i posted this closeup heh.

Archived