Sign in to follow this  
CWC1983

Derby rugby union

They got promoted to the national leagues today by beating Bournville 28 - 23 in the play offs. £4 entry fee, cheap food and lots of different beers at decent prices. 

Roughly 200 people in attendance,  all in all a nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon when Dcfc arnt playing. 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Is it still down near Alfreton Road?

They are based at the back of Darley Park. Just past all the football pitches. Round the corner from the Abbey pub. 

Are they any good, do you think they could get any further up the pyramid?

I always feel fondly to Derby/Derbyshire teams for quite an obvious reason. As for "support", I'm a Quins boy, sorry lads.

4 hours ago, Posh Ram said:

Are they any good, do you think they could get any further up the pyramid?

I always feel fondly to Derby/Derbyshire teams for quite an obvious reason. As for "support", I'm a Quins boy, sorry lads.

I think the club are trying to see if they can progress but Im not sure if the groundswell of support from the city is there. 

They have a really thriving mini and juniors section of the club and have plans in place to bring them through to the 1st team as much as they can. 

One things for sure, after watching them yesterday, you have admire the dedication and physically of what are basically young blokes doing it for "fun".....

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.