Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

I actually don't think we need much of we remain in the championship, that said here is my list (apologies if they have already been discussed)

Bamford - pace through the middle (i suppose blackman could offer this but it seems unlikely to happen) i presume boro will try and sign him? 

Mccormack - versatile goal scorer - another to boro?

Forestieri - similar to mccormack  (offers something different)

Pritchard - much coveted by us in the summer

Ill post more as i think of them

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im back after a 6 week exodus. Anyway..... WHEN we go up....

Westwood shef wed

Moore Leicester 

Wisdom Liverpool 

Townsend newcastle when down

Clough bolton

Pritchard spurs

Then the rest on a number 1 stk.... god knows who.... but a martin upgrade and a game changer from abroad

53 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I don't understand the hype about Bolton's Clough... not my favourites. If there's one player from that team to pick, surely it would be Rob(bie?) Holding.

Looks as though Holding could be going to Arsenal

2 hours ago, sage said:

Maybe after the disastrous recruitment of the last 12 months, it's more relevant to discuss what type of players we need rather than just list players we like from other clubs. 

• Striker who holds the ball up and brings others into play (if we're in the PL, he needs to be a starter. If we don't go up, just Martin's back-up)
  • Intelligent centre-back who distributes well (PL)
  • CDM good at breaking up play (PL)
  • Fast wingers who offer a scoring threat (PL - 2; stay down - 1)
  • Back-up goalie

That would be my list atm

11 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:
  • Striker who holds the ball up and brings others into play (if we're in the PL, he needs to be a starter. If we don't go up, just Martin's back-up)
  • Back-up goalie

I think the type of character is important.

For a while we seem to have had guys who are talented but who lack footballing intelligence and mental focus.

It's one of Chris Martin's strengths. He knows how to pick a pass and when to play it. It may not always come off but you can see the thought process. Will Hughes of course has it because he's a class act.

It's all very well being able to crunch into a tackle or speed forwards but if you then lose the ball it's all in vain.

I think we need a wise head in midfield, a strong centre half captain and a quick centre forward, but most of all, a coach who promotes a strong mental attitude.

6 hours ago, Posh Ram said:
  • Back-up goalie

If we go up we will need 2 full backs too. No need for back up keeper. Not in the Championship certainly. 

Maybe list players to go, players to keep. And determine what positions needs strengthening?

players to go, grant, Baird, shot ton, Pearce, war nock, hendrick, Blackman, bent, bucko.

to keep - Carson, Christie, keogh, shackell, Olson, fozzy, Thorne, Hanson, Hughes, Bryson, butter field, Johnson, Ince, Russell, Weiman and Martin. 

RB - back up

CB - back up

CDM - back up

RW - new first choice

CF - first choice or back up

a couple of loans for me, they've proven effective in the past and good to se if they can play in this team playing the Derby Way ?

If we go up id like to get osman in as a swuad player, dont think he's an unrealistic target, has prem experiance & a hardworker would be a good addition not the most sexiest of signings just a steady option 

6 hours ago, sage said:

If we go up we will need 2 full backs too. No need for back up keeper. Not in the Championship certainly. 

Starters or back-ups? Never thought I'd say this but I think Christie's shown this season that he fits well and could cope with the Premier League. But a back-up is a necessity.

The problem with left back is that if we signed one, one of Fozzy and Olsson would be surplus to requirements. I'd hate for Forsyth to not get a chance in the Premier League after how he's played for us.

So many IF's regarding our league status but IF we are to go up these are a few players I'd like to see us sign:

Dwight Gayle, Abel Hernandez, Alex Pritchard, Timothy Fosu Mensah (Loan), Daryl Janmaat or Andre Wisdom, Jasper Cillessen (Pricey but imo not unrealistic), and Gylfi Sigurdsson (Maybe more on the unrealistic side but would be class alongside Hughes). 

Outgoings:

Buxton, Pearce, Baird, Bent, Blackman, Albentosa, Grant, Roos (loaned back to AFC hopefully), Camara (for the sake of his career), and Hendrick (One of my favourite players but just don't think he's progressed at all this season).

5 hours ago, Posh Ram said:

Starters or back-ups? Never thought I'd say this but I think Christie's shown this season that he fits well and could cope with the Premier League. But a back-up is a necessity.

The problem with left back is that if we signed one, one of Fozzy and Olsson would be surplus to requirements. I'd hate for Forsyth to not get a chance in the Premier League after how he's played for us.

I'm not sure Christie has proved anything regarding his Premier league ability. 

He is on his day a capable Championship defender but he was roasted in embarrassing fashion by Martial.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I'm not sure Christie has proved anything regarding his Premier league ability. 

He is on his day a capable Championship defender but he was roasted in embarrassing fashion by Martial.

martial is one of the best young players in Europe, oh, and Paul Clements tactical genius didn't bother making an attempt to stop him and left him one on one with Christie, when every team in the premier league doubles up on him

Archived