Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

That's a really good suggestion actually. He would take a lot of persuading to come to the championship and wages might be a stumbling block though. If we did get him I'd be a very happy man.

He's not earning anything at the moment, and I am really surprised that no one has picked him up on a freebie, he is 32 but offer of a 2 year contract could persuade him maybe, I've always thought he is a very good player and would solve a lot of problems we have with that position at present.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Blackmail, I like it!

Unless we sign Poyet and Flamini I want my ST money back and will stand outside each home game booing the players as they arrive and leave. I'm going to buy some chickens and an allotment so that I have eggs and veg readily available to throw. 

1 hour ago, colonel said:

New to the forum so be gentle, what does anyone think about Mathieu Flamini as a short term replacement for George whilst injured, I think he is a free agent who is still training at Arsenal, bags of experience and a good player as a defensive midfielder.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

That's a really good suggestion actually. He would take a lot of persuading to come to the championship and wages might be a stumbling block though. If we did get him I'd be a very happy man.

Definitely could work! I wonder if we could persuaded to sign until Jan? Means if we pay him large wages it's less of an issue. 

Maybe, given his age, we could sweeten the deal by giving him some coaching in the academy so he gets that on his CV (in lieu of the big signing bonus he could get in china etc.)

Sky sports posted a best xi free signings available after the close of last night's  window. Anichebe features up front!

Have we really considered him,  i dunt actually think it'd be THAT bad, he is a bit of a battering ram which is something we lack - he could be deployed from the bench rather than shackell going up front for the last 5 minutes when we are losing. 

Other 'freebies' featured are (Lord) Bendtner (linked), Sessengong and Hoilett.

I've no doubt that someone will compile a better 'best of' list though. 

By the way I agree that Diego Poyet is an excellent young player, and would be a perfect foil for Hughes (who could play further forwards - although more goals and assists are essential). He would also provide competion for Thorne, and maybe Johnson in the holding role. (Didnt @mackworthram suggest Johnson had played his last game for the club?)

Some good free agents available...Flamini Poyet Berbatov Hoilett Meireles Osman Sessegnon, I believe Samba has been released by Leeds at CB, a few out there who could do a job short term like Distin or Anichebe.

I do think that the loan system going could play into our hands along with teams like Villa + Newcastle because we have a squad that should cope with injuries, not many other teams have.

15 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Some good free agents available...Flamini Poyet Berbatov Hoilett Meireles Osman Sessegnon, I believe Samba has been released by Leeds at CB, a few out there who could do a job short term like Distin or Anichebe.

I do think that the loan system going could play into our hands along with teams like Villa + Newcastle because we have a squad that should cope with injuries, not many other teams have.

You mean Sol Bamba? Excellent defender but released for "personal reasons" so maybe there's more to that. Otherwise he'd be a great one to snap up if we have any intention of playing a back 3.

I'd go for Poyet on a short deal. We've got money to spend so there's very little risk. Could be the back-up to Thorne.

22 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

You mean Sol Bamba? Excellent defender but released for "personal reasons" so maybe there's more to that. Otherwise he'd be a great one to snap up if we have any intention of playing a back 3.

I'd go for Poyet on a short deal. We've got money to spend so there's very little risk. Could be the back-up to Thorne.

Yes I meant Bamba, sure Chris Samba is on a free too...I dont understand what personal reasons would end up with a player released, normally like in Dawkins case the player has time off but not released...I think its more a case of if he made any more appearances it would have triggered a new deal or a payment to his old club or something like that, Leeds have done it before with Seth Johnson

Poyet and flamini. In a 4231 to release Hughes etc

could just play 4132 at home with one of them sitting. We can't gamble that Thorne will be back and play every game afterwards. Surly we must have learned by now

as these are free at least it would give us defensive options to allow out flair players to well, show their flair!

Archived