Brighton and Hove Albion v Derby County

eddie

Tense old affair. Brighton look dangerous every time they get forward, and particularly from set pieces. 

Think we've grown into the game, around the half an hour mark the midfield really started to get a grip and get us moving forward. Hughes has been excellent so far for me, put in plenty of crucial tackles and looks as assured as ever. 

Never heard a whinier set of fans than the Brighton crowd. Appeal every time a Derby player sneezes. 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Tense old affair. Brighton look dangerous every time they get forward, and particularly from set pieces. 

Think we've grown into the game, around the half an hour mark the midfield really started to get a grip and get us moving forward. Hughes has been excellent so far for me, put in plenty of crucial tackles and looks as assured as ever. 

Never heard a whinier set of fans than the Brighton crowd. Appeal every time a Derby player sneezes. 

Quite right Howard and Brighton are dirtier. 

I don't think Brighton have looked any better than us so far - certainly beatable in the playoffs and I would rather play them than Boro or Burnley.

Also note to Wassall the team really needs to work on set pieces - I've no idea why we keep trying to win corners, because we don't have anyone who can actually get them past the first man.

Just now, Warren Hobhead said:

Poor, slow, lethargic display. Hughes and Shackell decent, that's about it. Still in it though somehow.

Really? Admittedly only half watching it whilst at work, but I thought we looked ok. Could've easily wilted in a game which doesn't mean a lot. Yes, they could've scored, But I think we had a couple of good chances ourselves. Quite end to end.

8 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Don't think I've ever seen Thorne play this badly before, passing been woeful.

Don't know why Ince is back on the right, his best games this season have been on the left. 

We've done okay though. They look very good on the counter. 

Russell on the left to help nullify knockart. No working as yet but ince wouldn't, be better.

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

I doubt it mate. If we end up relying on Weimann in the play offs then we must be massively desperate considering we got this far without him.

Might as well rely on Zanzala!

;)

Good job this game meant nothing to us, because those last 7 minutes or so were en embarrassment from us. Totally unprofessional playing against 10 men. Applied no pressure and just walked about.

Saying that, we bossed the second half. Brighton only looked like scoring from set-pieces throughout. Hughes immense.

Archived