Brighton and Hove Albion v Derby County

eddie

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

You must have fancied a moan at half time.

Half fans moaning at half time - who'd a thunk it?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Ah, well, there's an episode of Morse where Lewis looks at the casette of some Wagner stuff in Morse's car.

Lewis: 'Conducted by Knappertsbusch' (as in nappers)

Morse, condescendingly: 'Actually, Lewis, we pronounce it Kerr-nappertsbusch'

In a much later (obviously) episode of Lewis, Lewis turns the tables on the erudite Hatherway by saying 'Actually, we pronounce it Kerr-nappertsbusch'

So there you have it. Perhaps the linguists will help us out.

Cunning linguists?

It will be interesting to see whether Daz Waz shuffles his pack after that late late goal.

Before it, we had a decent chance of finishing 4th. After it, less so. Perhaps he will rest some players for the Hull games and blood some youngsters for the visit of Ipswich now.

Problem for him is, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

He keeps the same team, momentum and all that, a couple get injured....gets slagged off for not resting players.

He rests half the team for the playoffs, we go into them and lose.... gets slagged off for not playing full team, momentum and all that.

Hughes just gets football doesn't he! 

Knows how to find space, when to pass, how to press. Boy we've missed him this season. 

Knobheart is a cheat and the award for Pansy of the season goes to Mr Upside-down Head.

One thing that will be nice is heading into the playoffs as an underdog. We all know how that ended the last time!

COYR

I was at the match and thought it was a very good away performance against a top 3 side aiming for automatics. Yes, one or two players looked a bit out of sorts after their recent great games but the likes of Hughes in particular and the back four more than made up for it.  I thought Shackell had the best game he's had all season, the reading of Knockaerts free kick was a  brilliant split second decision, cos that was going in and could have been a game changer. I think Brighton underestimated us and it cost them. Shame about the late goal but  theses things happen, so onwards and upwards now hopefully. Regarding the next game we can afford to rest the key players and  still field a pretty strong side with the likes of Bent, Weimann, Butterfield and Johnson if hes fit, and Bairds been recalled to replace Hanson, so I'm confident we can still beat Ipswich and end the season on a high note

1 hour ago, FunkyRam said:

Hughes just gets football doesn't he! 

Knows how to find space, when to pass, how to press. Boy we've missed him this season. 

Knobheart is a cheat and the award for Pansy of the season goes to Mr Upside-down Head.

One thing that will be nice is heading into the playoffs as an underdog. We all know how that ended the last time!

COYR

Kerr-nobhead, please.

Have to say I thought Mr Upside-down Head had a good game. Just spoils it with the theatricals.

Someone with more time than me needs to go through all the highlights on RamsPlayer and see how many times the commentator calls Chrissy "Russell Martin". 

Does the commentator do all FL highlights or just Derby's? Seems pretty amateurish if the latter.

8 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Someone with more time than me needs to go through all the highlights on RamsPlayer and see how many times the commentator calls Chrissy "Russell Martin". 

Does the commentator do all FL highlights or just Derby's? Seems pretty amateurish if the latter.

I especially liked his reaction to Brysons long looping 50 yard pass to Ince and Ince just missing the target.

im sure he nearly fell asleep.

Missed all of this. Just watched extended highlights on Ramsplayer and read the thread. Frankly, I'm devastated by that late concession which could mean everything.

As I've said before, one team in the playoffs has a massive disadvantage because their home match is a dull lunchtime kickoff lacking in atmosphere when the other three home games are night matches under the lights with everyone buzzing. Had we held on for the win we had a good chance of getting 4th. Now we're almost certain to finish fifth and be at that disadvantage.

To that end, I'd rest players and try to give a little match practice to some of the benchwarmers for the Ipswich game. Having given up a great advantage by conceding against 10 men I'd suggest our optimal strategy now is to rest key players rather than risk injury going all out to win the Ipswich game and hope Hull also lose at home to Rotherham. If, during the game, it looks as if the win takes us fourth, bring on some firepower from the bench.

It's even more gutting because it didn't matter at all to Brighton. Made no difference about the result they will need at Boro.

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Missed all of this. Just watched extended highlights on Ramsplayer and read the thread. Frankly, I'm devastated by that late concession which could mean everything.

As I've said before, one team in the playoffs has a massive disadvantage because their home match is a dull lunchtime kickoff lacking in atmosphere when the other three home games are night matches under the lights with everyone buzzing. Had we held on for the win we had a good chance of getting 4th. Now we're almost certain to finish fifth and be at that disadvantage.

To that end, I'd rest players and try to give a little match practice to some of the benchwarmers for the Ipswich game. Having given up a great advantage by conceding against 10 men I'd suggest our optimal strategy now is to rest key players rather than risk injury going all out to win the Ipswich game and hope Hull also lose at home to Rotherham. If, during the game, it looks as if the win takes us fourth, bring on some firepower from the bench.

It's even more gutting because it didn't matter at all to Brighton. Made no difference about the result they will need at Boro.

So you hold no truck whatsoever with this 'momentum' malarkey at all, then?

Brighton (the place I was coming back from while you were whingeing about the lack of an Ipswich match thread ;) ) bust a gut and were absolutely delighted to take that meaningless point because it keeps their unbeaten run going. Teams take confidence from different things - but talk of 'optimal strategy' is Clement-speak.

6 minutes ago, eddie said:

So you hold no truck whatsoever with this 'momentum' malarkey at all, then?

Brighton (the place I was coming back from while you were whingeing about the lack of an Ipswich match thread ;) ) bust a gut and were absolutely delighted to take that meaningless point because it keeps their unbeaten run going. Teams take confidence from different things - but talk of 'optimal strategy' is Clement-speak.

Your matchday intro could have been done in less words than this, now crack on!:D

Was nice to see us show a different side to our game which was lethal counter attacking. Was a joy too see, good tactics since we knew they had to go for it and would leave holes etc.

I was a bit worried about Hughes starting and whether he'll be match fit or even as good as he was after a bit of training. I think if anyone thought the same as me they'd soon change there mind he was immense that assist was crazy he didn't even look...!

I'm confident about the play offs as long as we play the right way and give it our all I won't mind the outcome as a month or two ago the season was gone!

What a splendid day in Brighton. Met iRam and his daughter (see, he's not gay) had some great beer in the Evening Star beforehand and enjoyed the atmosphere and real ale before the game in the ground.

For 93 and a half minutes it was the perfect away performance against a good team. Hold on to what you've got for 20 minutes then impose yourself on the game. The defence were solid and Hughes sublime. Only Russell and Ince were below par and they still worked hard. The atmosphere after in the ground bar with Eddie and the Memsaab and the new 'don't take me home' song all gave a feelgood factor.

The Cyclist bar on the station was also top notch with a massive choice of beers, decent food and friendly Brighton fans, as they were everywhere. Would like them in the final for a less stressful day.

All was good till the London to Derby train was cancelled and me and the lad got home at 12.30am not 10.30pm.

This is the most confident i've felt all season.   

27 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Your matchday intro could have been done in less words than this, now crack on!:D

The fewer words, the less offence - and we can't have that.

my only doubt is when we are up a goal with a few minutes left , I always believe boro and burnley can hang on to a lead , I'm just no sure we can and most of it is down to bad luck or one mistake and we always seem to get punished , if we get to wemley and I believe we will lets go and hammer whoever we play so that I can enjoy the last 20 minutes

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 10:56, mwram1973 said:

Problem for him is, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

He keeps the same team, momentum and all that, a couple get injured....gets slagged off for not resting players.

He rests half the team for the playoffs, we go into them and lose.... gets slagged off for not playing full team, momentum and all that.

Luke Hyam recently broke Alan Judge's leg, ended his season and forced him out of the Euros. If he does the same job on our Will, there'll be hell to pay.

Archived