So so wrong.

Day

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Salford City FC have made the decision to 'gift' part of tomorrow evening's admission price back to supporters

The club has been instructed that the cost of admission for Tuesday''s play-off semi-final versus Ashton United must be increased. Salford City FC were reluctant to charge the one-off prices but have come up with a novel way around the problem.

Upon admission to Moor Lane all supporters will be given a colour coded ticket depending upon their category (Standard Adult, Concession or Under 16s). 

With the admission prices set at £8.00 for Standard Adult and £4.00 for all concessions, spectators will be able to claim back the excess charge from special stations set up behind the West End goal. Those who pay the £8.00 for Standard Adult entry will be able to claim £1.00 back upon submission of their colour coded ticket, Over 60s and Students will be able to claim back £2.00 each and under 16s £3.00 each.

With season tickets not valid for play-off games the club is determined that the loyal supporters who have backed their team all through the season should not have to pay inflated prices now.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/salfordcityfc/news/ammies-to-gift-part-of-play-off-admission-price-ba-1604403.html

13 hours ago, Inglorius said:

It's no big deal Neville could cover the cost just with his pocket change 

The point isn't with it being Salford, it's the fact that the FA are trying to force the cost of non-league football up. Which is just confusing. 

10 hours ago, SaintRam said:

The point isn't with it being Salford, it's the fact that the FA are trying to force the cost of non-league football up. Which is just confusing. 

I'd assume it's on a similar basis to our own play offs, the profits are divided up and split between the participants and the rest of the league, for the collective good.

Just because 1 team is heavily backed by multi-millionaire owners, why should the others miss out on a vital pay day?

12 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I'd assume it's on a similar basis to our own play offs, the profits are divided up and split between the participants and the rest of the league, for the collective good.

Just because 1 team is heavily backed by multi-millionaire owners, why should the others miss out on a vital pay day?

Because it prices out the fans, eventually. In the replies to that tweet people are sharing the cost of other non-league teams. In the region of £15 a game for standard league matches, which is just obscene. 

I understand that for these specific games the money gets shared for the "collective good", but forcing a club to increase their prices, just because they reached a level of success that means other clubs profit from those prices goes against all the work being done at the other end of the football pyramid to make football more affordable. 

36 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Because it prices out the fans, eventually. In the replies to that tweet people are sharing the cost of other non-league teams. In the region of £15 a game for standard league matches, which is just obscene. 

I understand that for these specific games the money gets shared for the "collective good", but forcing a club to increase their prices, just because they reached a level of success that means other clubs profit from those prices goes against all the work being done at the other end of the football pyramid to make football more affordable. 

I'd agree ticket prices seem too much at that level, but Salford FC are part of the problem too.

Paying more to 1 player than most of their opponents entire squad's wage budget means other teams raise admission prices in an effort to compete.

I'd be amazed if any of the club's at that level are turning a profit, so without a rich benefactor to subsidise losses, it's hard to see what can be done.

Archived