OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

That's exactly what we need at this moment in time, I find we're a little too smug and we're in need of a bit more bite, Pearson will provide this imo. 

How many times last season were we bullied? can you imagine Nigel Pearson putting up with his players being bullied?!.. and I bet right now we'd see more penalties given with NP in charge, it'd only take one blatant penalty not to be given to get Pearson's anger flowing. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should also add, in my 36 years of supporting us... I've never had a manager who I felt genuinely had the clubs best interests at heart until Pearson. He tends to treat money as if it's his own and won't waste it, he loves frees and bargains if they are to be had instead of chucking cash about.

2 minutes ago, babylon said:

I should also add, in my 36 years of supporting us... I've never had a manager who I felt genuinely had the clubs best interests at heart until Pearson. He tends to treat money as if it's his own and won't waste it, he loves frees and bargains if they are to be had instead of chucking cash about.

Mel might not like that though.. He seems to love burning money does our Mel. 

But I think its time we stopped throwing money around like confetti anyway and be more prudent and NP seems perfect in that regard as well. 

Having revisited those clips with fresh, open eyes I actually like the guy more. I hate supporters who give out and can't take it, and Pat Murphy comes across as a really annoying schoolteacher and I wouldn't have been as patient as Nigel was..

I can understand why people are willing to looking past the nasty and unprofessional aspects of Pearson's character, in the belief that his quality as a manager will help us get to the EPL and that will outweigh any negatives. That's a perfectly reasonable position to hold.  However i cannot understand why anyone would think that these bizarre episodes are anything other than an embarrassment. 

2 minutes ago, Highgate said:

I can understand why people are willing to looking past the nasty and unprofessional aspects of Pearson's character, in the belief that his quality as a manager will help us get to the EPL and that will outweigh any negatives. That's a perfectly reasonable position to hold.  However i cannot understand why anyone would think that these bizarre episodes are anything other than an embarrassment. 

I've seen people do far worse things under stress

10 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Having revisited those clips with fresh, open eyes I actually like the guy more. I hate supporters who give out and can't take it, and Pat Murphy comes across as a really annoying schoolteacher and I wouldn't have been as patient as Nigel was..

Most Leicester fans were on his side about the F Off stuff... it was a pi**ed up moron on a day trip shouting a string of abuse and insults at him and his staff, for having the nerve to be losing against Liverpool I think it was. After what Pearson had done for us he deserved huge respect from everyone and not abuse.

The Palace throat grab, for me is just a total misunderstanding. He has a bit of an odd sense of humour, very dry and you just don't know if he's joking or not. But there was an incident similar to that years back where one of our players knocked him flying and Pearson was doing pretend elbow drops on our player as he lay on the floor. I think it was just him mucking about, but badly judged with it being an opposition player... someone he'd met a few times in the summer as we were very close to signing him.

As for the Ostrich thing... I'm sorry but that was nothing, it's quite clear what he meant. Jose has had something similar earlier in the season and nobody said a word. By that stage the press had their knives out and without question he was being targeted.

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I've seen people do far worse things under stress

I'm sure we all have...my point is that it shouldn't be lauded as some sort of positive.  At times he cracks even when he knows that millions of people are watching. When the cameras aren't on him....things could be far worse. 

1 minute ago, tomsdubs said:

Interviews and conferences would actually be interesting if he came here, rather than the boring cliche ***** you normally get where you already know the answer.

Actually, 99.999999999% of all his press conferences have been boring. He's a manager who likes to deal with absolutely everything in house and will do everything he can to protect and to deflect from the players. He'll straight bat almost every question, won't comment on transfers at all or speculation.

I think that's one reason he was targeted by the press, they saw it as being his job to entertain like most of the other clowns in the premier league. He saw it like they had no right to any information from him other than the basics.

That will rub some fans up the wrong way, as they also feel like they have a right to know everything.

Ranieri is a lovely bloke, but sometimes I yearn for Pearson rather than silly soundbites about pizza and dilly ding / dilly dong. But I think that's Ranieri playing the press, chuck them a soud bite and keep them sweet. Something Pearson should learn to do every now and again I suppose, keep them onside a bit more.

8 minutes ago, babylon said:

Actually, 99.999999999% of all his press conferences have been boring. He's a manager who likes to deal with absolutely everything in house and will do everything he can to protect and to deflect from the players. He'll straight bat almost every question, won't comment on transfers at all or speculation.

I think that's one reason he was targeted by the press, they saw it as being his job to entertain like most of the other clowns in the premier league. He saw it like they had no right to any information from him other than the basics.

That will rub some fans up the wrong way, as they also feel like they have a right to know everything.

Ranieri is a lovely bloke, but sometimes I yearn for Pearson rather than silly soundbites about pizza and dilly ding / dilly dong. But I think that's Ranieri playing the press, chuck them a soud bite and keep them sweet. Something Pearson should learn to do every now and again I suppose, keep them onside a bit more.

do's Ranieri have any sound bites regarding tax avoidance and FFP rules? what about 10 firms hitting the wall in beautiful Leicester when they fail to pay contractors? or even £7m owed to HMRC? that Ranieri's one isn't he?

3 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

do's Ranieri have any sound bites regarding tax avoidance and FFP rules? what about 10 firms hitting the wall in beautiful Leicester when they fail to pay contractors? or even £7m owed to HMRC? that Ranieri's one isn't he?

Babylon has come on here giving us some friendly, useful information. I don't think there's any need to be snide or try to start an argument for no reason.

3 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Sergeant Pearson, hey? 

4-4-2? 

I sense a radical shake-up of the so-called 'Derby Way' if he's to be the new gaffer. 

Interesting.

I don't.

Archived