OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I was imagining something similar. Does @David have any clever software that could extract posts from a few selected threads and group them by poster so we could play a nice game of "Spot the Contradiction?"

It's something I do when the idiots really start to piss me off. No clever software, but an awful lot of digging.

On 5/25/2016 at 07:12, Mostyn6 said:

People wanting Pearson should also realise that he didn't have the success he had at Leicester with any other club, simply cos he never had the backroom staff, and nor would he have if he came here.

I think we are more likely to get what Hull got when they appointed him, than what Leicester got after about 4 years total.

Good foresight Mostyn. 

1 hour ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

That's interesting if true, considering what I have been told regarding Warnock.

What I was told was Warnock didn't impress at all and the other two were very good. They went for Nigel. And as you can see he was my first choice all along. 

Still want him to come good and think he will, but not looking as good as I thought it would be at this point:( 

Worth mentioning, now the pressure is on a bit, Warburton isn't looking quite so clever. Rangers have a budget short of Celtic but higher than everyone else, but have not brought well or addressed their problems in defence and he's been stunned by the negativity after losing the old firm match. I would have voted Warburton, but he's not looking to great right now.

Moyes isn't looking to smart. Martinez got the Belgium job!

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Worth mentioning, now the pressure is on a bit, Warburton isn't looking quite so clever. Rangers have a budget short of Celtic but higher than everyone else, but have not brought well or addressed their problems in defence and he's been stunned by the negativity after losing the old firm match. I would have voted Warburton, but he's not looking to great right now.

Moyes isn't looking to smart. Martinez got the Belgium job!

Id say its probobly been the best part of 6 months that the doubts about Warburton have surfaced. Yes, he got them up, but the Scottish cup final only highlighed the lack of defensive nous.

He's not addressed it during the pre season and the jungle drums are beating ever loudly.

I dont think he would be in contention now if Pearson was to leave.  

On 5/26/2016 at 23:01, inter politics said:

Don't particularly like how he comes across but will support him of course.

My biggest concern is a 'rebuild'...lets be honest, we're not far off and these players are so ingrained to playing a certain style (which does work when we're on it), that radically changing the formation and style is risky and I'm not sure alot of fans can put up with a year of rebuilding without some kind of success (playoffs say).

We need tweaks here and there...mentality is the biggest thing, which I think Pearson can help us with but we don't need radical changes.

More great foresight. 

I wanted Pearson and still want to keep him and give him time but if Mel said to me you've no choice I'm sacking Pearson ,who do you vote for to replace ( sensible options only ) I have to go with rowett , still doing decent with brum and maybe the personality to yet and keep this squad playing whilst making changes ,,, rip me up if you like but as with most opinions on this subject it's just a gut feeling mixed with a look at the cv / history and ambition of the candidate

39 minutes ago, archied said:

I wanted Pearson and still want to keep him and give him time but if Mel said to me you've no choice I'm sacking Pearson ,who do you vote for to replace ( sensible options only ) I have to go with rowett , still doing decent with brum and maybe the personality to yet and keep this squad playing whilst making changes ,,, rip me up if you like but as with most opinions on this subject it's just a gut feeling mixed with a look at the cv / history and ambition of the candidate

Fair play on standing by your convictions. I did not want NP but think, if he does actually have a plan which he has spelled out to the club, he should be given the chance to see it through.

Spent an hour reading through this thread last night to weed out the hypocrites!

Archived