Stephen Warnock

DarkFruitsRam7

I've been interested in how Warnock's doing on loan at Wigan, as I thought he was excellent this season and proved a lot of his doubters wrong. I prefer Olsson because he offers more going forward, but I still feel that he deserves credit for his consistent performances when he seemed to be the only one capable of having a half-decent game.

Anyway, after looking at a few different forums, I've come across these reviews:

image.thumb.jpeg.6ff337b5741351f3e862139image.jpeg.119fd991067bd1fb1e8e061dd45c0image.thumb.jpeg.936238553bddccaaf695faf

Whilst this may seem pointless because it's been pretty much confirmed that he's leaving this summer, I thought it would be nice to show you what the Wigan fans think about a player that always battled hard for us during a tough time. I hope he finds a club this summer (judging by these comments it would seem at he won't have too much of a problem) and wish him well for the future.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, davenportram said:

I wonder why such a great player was sent on loan. Perhaps he didn't fit what Wassall wanted.

I would guess that Wassall could see that we had very little balance with all of our attacking being done on the right and therefore preferred Olsson.

I guess once he lost his place in the team he wanted out.

I thought warnock was a good pro. He was obviously Ageing & his legs had gone but he still gave 100% and looked liked he'd expended every ounce of energy in his body by the end of the 90 mins. 

For all his faults you could never knock his effort and wilingness to put his body on the line. I thought he was a decent squad player. Olsen & Foz are younger & better going forward etc  but i thought Warnock was decent when he came in and defensively he was decent. I thought He got a lot of unfair stick not many teams in this division had a better second choice left back than Warnock 

I thought he played well for 70 minutes most games and then got caught out of position as he tired. 

I'm not missing him at all and although I realise he will be back as cover for the playoffs I don't think that he will like it much. He posts on Twitter like he's a lifelong Wigan player and he certainly didn't do that for us. 

Agree he is a good pro and hopefully he gets a permanent deal at Wigan. It will suit both of them. 

Olsson v Fozzy for our left back berth next season is a competition to be savoured. I rate them both highly. 

56 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

As much as I like Olsson, I still miss this man terribly:bye::image.jpeg.f9dd7d2d662b7a3788e05b1c46e53

Quite possibly the most reliable and dependable footballer I've ever seen.

I watched a video of our semi finals against Brighton yesterday. That run to win a penalty in the first leg :wub:

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

I liked warnock and thought he did a job and am pleased to see him doing well but in Olsson I think we have one of the best left backs in the league both going forward and defensively I think he will be our left back for a very long time .

Olsson is turning out to be a very good signing. He's getting better with every game, loves a tackle too. 

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Will Warnock be available for us in the play offs now that Wigan are near enough promoted?

Yes

12 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

As much as I like Olsson, I still miss this man terribly:bye::image.jpeg.f9dd7d2d662b7a3788e05b1c46e53

Quite possibly the most reliable and dependable footballer I've ever seen.

As much as I like Forsyth he's very prone to having a shocker with his passing. His defending is largely top notch though. 

Just now, Penelope Pendrex said:

As much as I like Forsyth hrs berry prone to having a shocker with his passing. His defending is largely top notch though. 

I see your point, I seem to remember Middlesbrough away a couple of years ago under McClaren when he just couldn't seem to pass the ball. However, he seems to have improved that area of his game now, fingers crossed he can come back strong!:thumbsup:

On 24 April 2016 at 09:58, McLovin said:

Will Warnock be available for us in the play offs now that Wigan are near enough promoted?

Yes so as Baird Shotton Albentosa  Sammon Bennett and Pearce. 

Archived