Neil Warnock the best manager in the Championship?

Day

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of the current 24 managers in charge?

Think Chris Hughton has a better record. Mick McCarthy probably has too.

It's all well and good saying you've got three promotions on your record. But if you've got three promotions from about 12 seasons at teams expected to get promoted, it's not really that good is it?

• 5 months later...

According to a poll in Walesonline a landslide 96% of those surveyed wanted Colin ( even up from figure in article)

Just Wow! What an approval rating, when the chips are down, this proves at least he really is recognised as the man to turn to in this division. 

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-events-unfolded-cardiff-city-11980542

PistoldPete2
On 19/04/2016 at 18:49, mwram1973 said:

I think Dyche is probably better in this league than warnock.

Given a choice, for me, Dyche would win hands down.

Dyche is not in this league. Warnock is... again.

Interesting that he's immediately stated that he needs a 'Kevin Nolan' in the side - while Nolan is way past his best, it's obvious that Warnock knows that he needs leaders in his side - and players he can trust. If only other managers were that decisive.....

22 hours ago, toddy said:

Warnock is the type of coach that does put his arm around players and tells them how good they really are.

That's why he usually has impact when he joins a club.

He does struggle with 'bigger' player though........

Agree. I think over the longer term he's not really an effective manager but short term he is one of those blokes who can just galvanise players, get them ticking along and get results just enough to get over the line.

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Agree. I think over the longer term he's not really an effective manager but short term he is one of those blokes who can just galvanise players, get them ticking along and get results just enough to get over the line.

Completely agree, Rotherham prime example of it.

11 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Interesting that he's immediately stated that he needs a 'Kevin Nolan' in the side - while Nolan is way past his best, it's obvious that Warnock knows that he needs leaders in his side - and players he can trust. If only other managers were that decisive.....

Warnock often plants a player he's worked with before in the dressing room just to be his eyes and ears, saw it confirmed in an article this week, that player has to be respected so usually a senior pro.

Probably explains Bamba signing, think Paddy Kenny hung his gloves up now after all.

Archived