Derbyshire CCC

Ovis aries

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, sage said:

Losing Footit lost me as a member this year. We won't be able to bowl teams out twice unless it's a dog of a pitch. One days only for me this year.  

Same here. The missus and I were going to become members this year - then decided that there were better things to do than watch the opposition bat all day every day.

/half fan

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, eddie said:

Same here. The missus and I were going to become members this year - then decided that there were better things to do than watch the opposition bat all day every day.

/half fan

They seem to bat OK but dont have any bowlers anymore.

Time to accept that there's no real future for non-test ground counties. No money. Can't compete. Can you see Ches being here next year if he keeps this scoring up? No chance. He'll go somewhere else for more money and good luck to him.

4 minutes ago, needles said:

Time to accept that there's no real future for non-test ground counties. No money. Can't compete. Can you see Ches being here next year if he keeps this scoring up? No chance. He'll go somewhere else for more money and good luck to him.

He should stay and repay Derbyshire for all the crap seasons he has had, he is very lucky IMHO not to have been released in past seasons .

"Should", maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised or unduly upset, they all go as soon as they get enough profile. If he can better himself, good luck to him. 

Sometimes think there should be a regional 8-10 team first class league. County cricket isn't a going concern when you look at the empty stands. Who can afford the time to go? A handful of pensioners. No sustainable,].

I can't decide whether or not the promotion/relegation system is good for county cricket. There is actually a fair difference in quality and if you look at Division 1, it's dominated by the richest clubs. 

Time to embrace T20 in a county format maybe? It would get people back through the door and I think the city-based "franchise" system would be stupid. Keep the counties as they are, split them into two divisions and run it at a different time to the IPL. There is still demand out there for cricket but not enough is being done to make it exciting for young people.

Slightly off-topic, well, county, but I was amused at this little curiosity from the Worcs v Durham 20/20 yesterday.

When Durham bowled, MCCarthy's figures were 4 overs, 1 for 63.

When Durham batted, McCarthy got a first ball duck. Not really a candidate for Man of the Match I'd have thought.

I have two tickets for the T20 Blast match against Leicestershire on the 3rd June, got them with the DCFC ST holder offer but will now be in hospital recovering from surgery so wont be able to make it, is anyone interested in taking them?

On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 14:42, RicME85 said:

I have two tickets for the T20 Blast match against Leicestershire on the 3rd June, got them with the DCFC ST holder offer but will now be in hospital recovering from surgery so wont be able to make it, is anyone interested in taking them?

Are they still on offer? Must have missed this offer because the father in law loves cricket and I'd have got some.

Archived