Half Time is not very alcohol friendly

Day

If you stayed in your seat till the whistle went, you have 15 minutes to queue up, get served, down a pint and return to your seat ready for kick off.

I know @uttoxram75 struggles working within this time frame as do many others.

Is it not time FIFA recognised this as a real issue in football and extended half time to a reasonable length, I would propose a initial trial period of 30 minutes, you will still be pushed to drink up and get a shifty on but we've also got to think of the players that have commitments after the game and getting home in time for Ant & Dec.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or just let us take our plastic glass or bottle back to our seat like other sports do. Its not really difficult is it?, just some outdated English retardedness about the lower orders enjoying themselves, there is no other reason for banning alcohol within sight of the playing area. Hot drinks are more dangerous.

3 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Or just let us take our plastic glass or bottle back to our seat like other sports do. Its not really difficult is it?, just some outdated English retardedness about the lower orders enjoying themselves, there is no other reason for banning alcohol within sight of the playing area. Hot drinks are more dangerous.

It's the minority ruining it for the majority unfortunately. All it's going to take is some f*****g idiot to urinate in one of the bottles and lob it at a player etc. Which would probably happen on day one.

this is why we can't have nice things 

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

It's the minority ruining it for the majority unfortunately. All it's going to take is some f*****g idiot to urinate in one of the bottles and lob it at a player etc. Which would probably happen on day one.

Plenty of people take coke bottles laced with vodka or whisky in as it is and apart from those on the front rows no one would reach the pitch with a plastic bottle.

Notts police allow anything, wouldn't surprise me if they stand there egging the gumps on. 

Gump police officer "go on, p*** on them"

Gumps proceeds to p*** on the poor away fans below 

Gump police officer stands there chuckling like a little girl.

Sith Happens
4 hours ago, David said:

If you stayed in your seat till the whistle went, you have 15 minutes to queue up, get served, down a pint and return to your seat ready for kick off.

I know @uttoxram75 struggles working within this time frame as do many others.

Is it not time FIFA recognised this as a real issue in football and extended half time to a reasonable length, I would propose a initial trial period of 30 minutes, you will still be pushed to drink up and get a shifty on but we've also got to think of the players that have commitments after the game and getting home in time for Ant & Dec.

As one of the majority that dont but a pint at half time i have no desire for half time to be extended. Thats not the answer. Maybe they should start doing like they do in theatres and you order it pre kickoff then someone leaves it on a table with a handwritten note that it belongs to you. That is a very reasonable solution and wont result in chaos, knocked over beer, or stolen pints ever.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

As one of the majority that dont but a pint at half time i have no desire for half time to be extended. Thats not the answer. Maybe they should start doing like they do in theatres and you order it pre kickoff then someone leaves it on a table with a handwritten note that it belongs to you. That is a very reasonable solution and wont result in chaos, knocked over beer, or stolen pints ever.

Woo hoo.

Free beer.

6 hours ago, Derbados said:

They take the tops of bottles to try and stop people from throwing a full bottle but if they pour it into a plastic pot it would take that threat away.

4 hours ago, Gritters said:

It looked like you could take your drinks out at our recent international with Germany. They know how to enjoy themselves and I bet it wasn't watered down carlsberg or Carliin ***** either.

Have you seen the video when score a goal though? Drinks chucked everywhere. That's why we can't take them up..... As someone mentioned above.... Minority spoil it for the rest.

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I noticed when watching the England Germany game that when the German TV showed the england fans at half time, they were drinking pints from their seats. - It does seem a very strange rule and I agree 100% that celebrating and spilling of a hot drink is much more dangerous.

5 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Ive got to admit, when there are no other games scores to look at, there are no highlights to watch and you dont want a pint...... then you are right you dont want half time lasting any longer.

There is also the more pressing issue of the players.

You know.. the men who we are paying to watch!

A longer half time would mean muscles getting cold etc etc.

Im pretty sure the extended half time at the Superbowl is a hinderence to the players when compared to half time in every other game.

5 hours ago, Paul71 said:

16 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Ive got to admit, when there are no other games scores to look at, there are no highlights to watch and you dont want a pint...... then you are right you dont want half time lasting any longer.

There is also the more pressing issue of the players.

You know.. the men who we are paying to watch!

A longer half time would mean muscles getting cold etc etc.

Im pretty sure the extended half time at the Superbowl is a hinderence to the players when compared to half time in every other game.

I think you'll find that @David is not really advocating a longer half time. He was probably bored.

I'm going to ask him to save me a place in the queue next season as he's closer to the concourse than me.

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

I think you'll find that @David is not really advocating a longer half time. He was probably bored.

I'm going to ask him to save me a place in the queue next season as he's closer to the concourse than me.

Daveod drinks in the car in the car park before the game, he won't spend his hard earned in the concorse.

Seeing as booing players doesn't work, maybe the incentive of not being covered in warm piss will do the trick.

It's worked for many bands over the years, so why not?

They'd have been taking to the pitch at Villa Park in rubber rings and life-jackets this season.

Archived