Joleon Lescott

Day

Not defending the guy as I think he's a poor professional but that little snippet of his whole interview with the BBC has been taken out of context to generate the obvious reaction. If I can find it will post the entire interview rather than the selected excerpts designed to stir things up.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DCFCArmy said:

And the more disturbing thing about him... he actually was a mainstay in City's defence during their first premier league title winning season.

And adding Michael Owen to that list of previous winners... its starting to water down the achievement of winning a league title some what. 

Owen and Lescott are the tip of the iceberg. Andy King is about to win one. Along with 'Fat Wes'.

Weimann's had all the chance he needed, and he's blown it every single time. Bent needs a team to play a certain way and we don't. SHouldn't have been signed really.

32 minutes ago, Lord_Ram said:

Interesting to see a player call out negative fans as detrimental...

yeah - shame he didn't have his wages docked - fans pay money. 

14 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Some of these overrated pre maddonas need more discipline.  

Pre Maddonas...probably the best quote I have seen in this forum.

Surely Lescott would be a post Madonna? :)

On 16/04/2016 at 22:41, needles said:

Weimann's had all the chance he needed, and he's blown it every single time. Bent needs a team to play a certain way and we don't. SHouldn't have been signed really.

Agree on the bent statement. Couldnt disagree more on Weimann. Aside from the last 3 games, Derbys best performances were when Weimann was actually given a string of games. Like many players he struggles to make an impact of the bench. But when he has a string of games he looked decent. I still dont know why he was ever brought out of the side. He did real well when Russell was out in the home games against rotherham,brentford and QPR.

On 17 April 2016 at 12:03, G STAR RAM said:

Pre Maddonas...probably the best quote I have seen in this forum.

Surely Lescott would be a post Madonna? :)

I don't have a problem with correcting people, but at least tell them what the phrase actually is so they don't make the mistake again. If no one had ever told me I'd still be spelling it like that now.

Prima Donna.

Archived