The Road to Wembley

Day

The Road to Wembley  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted Hull because they could be of the mindset we're in when it comes to Burnley and Boro, not wanting to play us because of past record, and we've steam rollered them twice this season 

Burnley as pointed out by another on here seem to beat us even when we completely out play them for an hour, that 4-1 still puzzles me, and they seem to get "favourable" decisions from the ref against us as well, 2 penos last time and I have to say despite them being penalties we've had even more blatant penalties turned down against them in recent times. 

Boro are just nasty, they beat us and outplay us, we don't even get a look in against them, at least Burnley give us a fighting chance before putting us to the sword :lol:

23 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Burnley dont fear us. The gods are with them.

All they need to do is turn up to the fixture, and due to the gypseys curse they will still beat us.

2 dodgy penalties and an own goal go their way this season away from home.

In the home fixture 2 lucky clearences off the line.

and lets not forget last year, martin gets fouled in the box and we put the ball into the empty net. Referees decision: No goal, no penalty.. free kick to Burnley send Martin off, for having the cheek to have his foot underneath where burnley defender wanted to stand.

I'm going on the assumption  that Burnley and Boro will claim automatic promotion. I agree that Burnley and indeed Boro wouldn't fear us,I know a Burnley fan who reminds me of their record over us (unbeaten in 10+?) so hopefully they do go up!

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I hope burnly do not go up so we can smash them up and batter them on score line. I send them home crying back home.

...beacuse that's what normally happens when we play them?. I admire your positivity but sometimes it just sounds nuts.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

They had 2 lucky pentlies that never were.

The first was a definite penalty, but there could have been a tiny bit of doubt in the most blinkered of fans but the second....he caught the ball...he caught it...not ball to hand, not a tackle that looks worse than it was, no simulation, just a donkey deciding that catching the ball would be a good thing because he was overwhelmed by the massive occasion of playing Burnley...!!!

8 hours ago, BodminRam said:

If it is Burnley am i right in saying we will get more tickets, as their fan base is worse than Florist

QPR were given more than us last time around. Completely outrageous but probably some sort of standard protocol that doesn't take into account respoective attendances, because they were the London team.

You can still count the good performances this season on one hand, just because we've beat Hull twice doesn't mean it will be a walk in the park they still have very good players on paper that might step up when the pressures on. I'd not rule out Sheffield Wednesday (or hull / us) upsetting the team that just misses out on autos either. Playoffs are literally a lottery, form and wins throughout the season go's completely out the window. Let's hope our lads can step up to the challenge and take us to the promise land! 

Archived