The Road to Wembley

Day

The Road to Wembley  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

The Wendies or Hull I think would represent our best chance but they will all fear us if we keep playing 'the Derby way'.

It would make a nice change to have some positive momentum at the end of a season!

Burnley dont fear us. The gods are with them.

All they need to do is turn up to the fixture, and due to the gypseys curse they will still beat us.

2 dodgy penalties and an own goal go their way this season away from home.

In the home fixture 2 lucky clearences off the line.

and lets not forget last year, martin gets fouled in the box and we put the ball into the empty net. Referees decision: No goal, no penalty.. free kick to Burnley send Martin off, for having the cheek to have his foot underneath where burnley defender wanted to stand.

Really it's anyone but Burnley or Boro. The others I think we would stand a good chance against. I chose Hull purely because we've beaten them twice without much hassle, and chances are that's who we'll play anyway. Whether we finish 4th or 5th depends how well Hull do. Hopefully we can finish 4th as I'd be a lot more comfortable playing at home knowing what we have to do, rather than trying to build up a lead that we can hope to keep for the away second leg.

There are still some big games to come in the top 6 that could have a say as to who finishes where:

Burnley v Boro

Rams v Sheff Weds

Brighton v Rams

Boro v Brighton (Final day so nailed on for TV)

Hull finish their season with 3 home games in 4 matches.Their away game is at Bolton

Like most posters, I've gone with Hull as we know we can beat them. Boro and Burnley have been difficult opponents for us so I hope they both get automatic.

58 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Anyone but Hull tbh - teams you've beaten twice already usually come back to haunt you.

Like Brighton 2 years ago?

Hypothetically, if our home form remains great and our away form remains mediocre-poor-awful (but we still get to Wembley) how does that form tend to translate to a Neutral ground game?

10 minutes ago, RobboRam said:

Assuming we get into the play offs, can anyone muster up a guess as to when the semi finals will be played? Trying not to book things on potential match days!! Final is 28th May. 

Sky Bet Championship – Match A
Leg 1: Friday 13th May (7.45pm)
Leg 2: Monday 16th May (7.45pm)

Sky Bet Championship – Match B
Leg 1: Saturday 14th May (12.30pm)
Leg 2: Tuesday 17th May (7.45pm)

Archived