Jordan Ayew

Nijul_cluff

7 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Im all for ambition and going for it but we do realise were Derby County... we will not be buying Ibe or Ayew 

Even if we go up its a case of West Ham are intrested in you and Derby would you rather play for an established premiership side knocking on the door of europen football and live in London. Or sign for a managerless newly promoted side and live in Derby 

You're right, it's a no brainier.

London's a $hit tip...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Im all for ambition and going for it but we do realise were Derby County... we will not be buying Ibe or Ayew 

Even if we go up its a case of West Ham are intrested in you and Derby would you rather play for an established premiership side knocking on the door of europen football and live in London. Or sign for a managerless newly promoted side and live in Derby 

Ha Ha!

Harsh on our club and fair city.....,but true enough.

28 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I think thats what must have happened last time we went up. We were linked with championship players before we went up so Billy was like, "can't have the papers looking like liars" so he signed a load of championship standard players. That's got to be it... I need to find a reason for those signings godamit!!!!!!!!

He did actually sign a lot Premiership players even though their skill level was nearer Division 1

12 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

He did actually sign a lot Premiership players even though their skill level was nearer Division 1

The better ones all went to Sunderland.

10 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Blackman scored 7 of his 11 goals from the right wing. 

You're right though, Ayew is versatile. 

Will he score again though :ph34r: ......

I haven't seen enough of Ayew to know if he's any good, but he sounds like a Blackmanesque mix between a winger and a a striker, which as a viable Martin alternative isn't what we need for our system.

I hope we bring in a striker as competition for Martin who is similar to him in that they can hold the ball up. It's the most important aspect of that position in our system, just like whoever's playing CDM has to be able to break up and distribute play.

With Bent we brought in someone completely different to Martin in almost every aspect (doesn't hold up the ball, all about getting in behind the defence) which would work if we were playing different systems but we religiously seem to have just one. Leicester were successful in this league because they had a rigid 4-4-2 system that all their squad could slip into when needed without any complications, something we should replicate except with our 4-3-3. 

If we'r going to nail sticking to one system for an entire season, we need someone who can do the basic role of holding the ball up and finish the chances, but it's okay if they have a different edge to them.

For example, I liked the look of Jonson Clark-Harris when he played against us at the iPro for Rotherham earlier this season. He could hold the ball up reasonably well but has the pace and agility that Martin doesn't. Does the job, offers something different. Similarly, I quite like the look of Robbie Muirhead from Dundee United, he can hold up the ball, pass well enough and at 6'3 is a better aerial threat than Martin. He's young with potential and would benefit from being somewhere like Derby (Top facilities, coaches and chance of first team action).

Those are just two players off the top of my head but they represent the sort of striker we should be looking for.

On 13/04/2016 at 19:35, G-Ram said:

If we got promoted I believe we would be in the running for these players, at the end of the day they're still human.

Ayew might live in Birmingham and have a young family/wants to settle down etc and so would go to a local team.

Ibe looks like hes fallen out of love with the game, why doesnt he come to a team where he knows most of the players and enjoyed his time here?

Yes if we got promoted we would still be small fish but remember our facilities are going to be top 8 in Europe, our academy is fantastic and our financial capabilities are great enough to compete with premier league teams. I think you have forgotten that we do have an attractive club, look at all the players we have signed, we werent their last option transfer destination.

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 19:35, G-Ram said:

is this the same Derby that has three professional teams like Burton, Chesterfield and the Rams and still maintains 30k fans week in, week out, or the Derby that builds planes, trains and automobiles? don't knock mercia.

25 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

is this the same Derby that has three professional teams like Burton, Chesterfield and the Rams and still maintains 30k fans week in, week out, or the Derby that builds planes, trains and automobiles? don't knock mercia.

Dead rate, youth. Ay dunna know worrays bletherin on abaht.

17 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

that took me twenty minutes to work out :)

Once you cross the Trent and leave the landed gentry of the Quorn cu... I mean Hunt, it's a different world.

20 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:
20 hours ago, Rampage said:

We can now only get 85 points, 86 points. Just thought that it was a point worth making! :)

Earlier in the season I saw the name 86 points and thought ahhh bless, we will smash that total.

It would appear that my estimates were wildly off kilter......

*takes self to market square for ritual self-flagellation

Archived