DCFC Fans - Bolton & Stephen Who? Podcast

Day

After skipping the Bolton game for the Grand National srg gives us his expert analysis along with our guest Boycie (the fool), we also look back on the Hull game, preview Charlton and talk about the U21's defeat v Arsenal......oh and Stephen no showed again!!

You can listen to us ramble on through iTunes or online at Podbean which is also available on Android and iOS

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great cast, had it all - David ensuring that no enthusiasm can be mustered despite SRG's valiant efforts and another eccentric guest.  Its so weird how an Avatar can create associations which are then completely wiped out by their audio presence.

I now see Boycie as something like this:

SRG - two points

Did you watch the match v Hull? Johnson limped off the pitch so how could you not know he was injured?

Going long early against Hull worked and could be a Harryism. I have to say something on this because we used to go long early under Mclaren, try and hit Martin. We only stopped because Martin got injured and then Clement tooked over. Wassall was at the club and will have witnessed it working. Its more likely to be a Wassallism.

In fact the need to go long has been mentioned loads on this forum, and prompted me to call for Buxton because he does it and Shackell hadn't shown himself capable of it. Recently Shackell has bought into it and started it. I didn't berate him during the past two games for slowing things down.

6 hours ago, davenportram said:

SRG - two points

Did you watch the match v Hull? Johnson limped off the pitch so how could you not know he was injured?

Going long early against Hull worked and could be a Harryism. I have to say something on this because we used to go long early under Mclaren, try and hit Martin. We only stopped because Martin got injured and then Clement tooked over. Wassall was at the club and will have witnessed it working. Its more likely to be a Wassallism.

In fact the need to go long has been mentioned loads on this forum, and prompted me to call for Buxton because he does it and Shackell hadn't shown himself capable of it. Recently Shackell has bought into it and started it. I didn't berate him during the past two games for slowing things down.

Disagree with the notion of just being long... Think we have been quicker moving the ball toward Martin and the flanks... Sure we've gone long now and again, just don't think it's been the real we've started firing again 

42 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Disagree with the notion of just being long... Think we have been quicker moving the ball toward Martin and the flanks... Sure we've gone long now and again, just don't think it's been the real we've started firing again 

its pushed their defense back allowing to move the ball on the ground quicker. The long passes stops us being pressed high up the pitch, without the space it creates we cant play our game.

21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Sorry for my tardiness again, men! Monday nights are increasingly becoming tough to make thanks to the wench's arrangements... :(

but given your obvious charm and interpersonal skill you shall swiftly extricate yourself from these...

Just now, Andrew3000 said:

23 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Sorry for my tardiness again, men! Monday nights are increasingly becoming tough to make thanks to the wench's arrangements... :(

not turning up is quite late. 

Made yourself vulnerable there because 2 presenters and a guest is a good balance. You've become the podcast's Weimann - early promise but recent failure to appear in the first team line up has us questioning why you were brought in, what your best position is (downward facing dog?) and where your future lies.

Hope your lucrative contract isn't too long.

Archived