Wassall In

Day

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I agree with your overall point that DW has not done as much wrong as people say,

but one game other than Rotherham that made me go 'eh?' was Wolves. Didn't understand why Weimann was brought on when Thorne had to go off.

In general, his team selection has been worse than his subs. Persisting with Bradley Johnson on the left wing being a prime example.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I agree with your overall point that DW has not done as much wrong as people say,

but one game other than Rotherham that made me go 'eh?' was Wolves. Didn't understand why Weimann was brought on when Thorne had to go off.

It was a double substitution with us all over them at the time. Ince came on at the same time - he and Johnson then missed chances to put us ahead. Weimann and Shackell took knocks, and that was the time perhaps for Hanson or Bucko to come on and settle for a point, perhaps.

6 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Bolton. Your entire post is irrelevant now

Brain fade. Too preoccupied with the next match thread I shall be starting after we have put Charlton to the sword.

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

In general, his team selection has been worse than his subs. Persisting with Bradley Johnson on the left wing being a prime example.

I am not disputing that - just responding to....

so you won't be surprised to learn that, despite the apparent upturn, I still regard wassall with enormous suspicion and worry. And although it appears we are in the minority ,  most of the folk who sit around us cannot but help, whenever it looks like a substitution is to be made, making  jokes about 'Bent coming on for Carson' , 'Blackman taking the captains armband' or 'Jake giving us some new vigour up front instead of Chrissy'.

2 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Thought you were a Villa fan Mr Cameron. Or is it West Ham?

Either way, where's my £5 expenses voucher?

or Burnley... or maybe I just had a glass too much claret.

And it's in the offshore trust fund.

17 hours ago, eddie said:

Translation:

"I think that I know more about football as a fan than a fully qualified coach with all his UEFA badges does, but I'm not alone in that. I also choose to sit with idiots because then I can blend in".

:p

Badges? They mean you've done the courses ,,, they do not mean you can do the job , I'm sure others in other areas have come across this ,, I'm a lead worker ,, have had qualified people come to work for me and on site they were **** ,,could not do the job,, seen it lots with architects and other trades ,, having all the qualifications is no garuantee somebody is any good at the job at all ,,  here's my view Derby county is a biggish football , history ,large passionate knowledgeable fan base paying good money to watch week in week out ,, has ambitions of being a premier club,,,,,,, it is not the right place for novice managers to learn their trade whether that be wass or clement or any other novice with aspirations ,,,,,, sorry but that's my view ,,,, 

Bit sickened by the stick DW has taken during my absence. I sometimes think that if you were to throw a bouncing ball to sections of our support it'd be like watching a puppet whose manipulator had got the strings badly tangled.

If we continue to progress,I'd have no qualms about him getting the job permanently.For those who think (unfairly,in my opinion) that it's all down to Harry,then simply keep Harry on as well.I seem to remember some time ago that he said he'd like his next job to be as mentor (or words to that effect) to a young manager,so he'd obviously be amenable to it.

Archived