Wassall In

Day

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Sums you up as well, naive, especially if you believe all of this is down to wassall, it's a collective responsibility. If you'd bother looking I have given praise to Wassall but I get the impression that you get off arguing with anyone who you disagree with

Wouldn't you say that the 'collapse' at Rotherham (currently 3rd in the form table over the last 10 games) was ' a collective responsibility' rather than totally Wassell's fault, as is generally implied?

The last 2 performances have been exceptional, brilliant application and energy from the players and it's been a delight to watch.

However, that doesn't take away from the fact that before these last 2 games, we were playing some pretty abysmal football. I'm not going to debate whether Redknapp's had an influence or not because I have no clue what the power balance is like but what I do know is that Wassall was making some outright bad team selections, Johnson on the wing, the substitutions vs Rotherham and for that, I'm still unsure as to whether he's a long term fit as manager/head coach of this club.

Regardless of that, something's clearly clicked as we look far more cohesive now than we did just over a week ago so I'm feeling pretty positive about the remainder of our season, despite Bolton not really putting up much of a challenge. I do wonder whether 'Arry will take the credit if we continue this form however? We'll see I suppose but nice to see we're making clear progress away from the turgid football we've been playing since xmas.

1 hour ago, robglosta said:

Not really, his future is with the 21s. If I was in his position I would be enjoying the ride as he appears to be, and rejoicing at having an interim managerial role on my CV.

The pressure was with Clement, in my opinion - expected to perform miracles in terms of league position and performance within 8 months of his first ever role at this level.

Yet some fans thought it reasonable to expect miracles from Wassall within 8 games of his first ever told at this level...

19 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

We'll see I suppose but nice to see we're making clear progress away from the turgid football we've been playing since August.

Fixed

First the Rotherham collapse was a joint thing ,, stupid naive substitutions started it and left us weakened then even with them the players take a slice too as they should be expected to pull together and not give up a 3 goal lead , joint resposability that wass accepted no part in ,,, I terms of credit and blame for recent performances we can only judge on what we have ,,Ie a Wassall / redknap joint effort ,no matter what level of input Harry has , it's a joint thing and we have to judge it as that ,,, the pairing of Wassall redknap has had a positive effect on players and performances ,that cannot be doubted 

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Fixed

Fair point, I suppose it's easy to overlook the style of play when results are going your way. Not many fans will criticise how you play when you're top of the table I suppose. While it wasn't ''pretty'' football, it was effective.

The perfect balance is the solidity, defensively that we had towards the start of the season with the dynamic, fast flowing, possession based football we've seen this week. Let's see if Wassall can maintain performances like that.

When we attack everything so much further forward which means oppersition find it hard to break us down. But when sit back it gives other teams to come forward with the ball meaning forceing us to sit deep in midfield bring preasure on our selfs.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

When we attack everything so much further forward which means oppersition find it hard to break us down. But when sit back it gives other teams to come forward with the ball meaning forceing us to sit deep in midfield bring preasure on our selfs.

Lead us to Wembley son, lead us to Wembley

23 hours ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Don't you know? If Derby lose it is all Darren Waffles fault and if we win it is all to do with Harry Redknapp. 

You joke but unfortunately that's the situation. You have to sort of feel sorry for Wassall because he's being undermined. Any success we have this season will inevitably be associated by some posters/the media with Harry Redknapp. He's definitely changed the way he conducts himself since Redknapp has arrived too. Just watch the way he reacts to the Brentford game compared to the Forest game.

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

You joke but unfortunately that's the situation. You have to sort of feel sorry for Wassall because he's being undermined. Any success we have this season will inevitably be associated by some posters/the media with Harry Redknapp. He's definitely changed the way he conducts himself since Redknapp has arrived too. Just watch the way he reacts to the Brentford game compared to the Forest game.

So should Harry leave then if you feel sorry for Wassall. 

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I mean, getting promoted does put the club in a more challenging position. To get promoted after most fans pretty much cemented their belief that Wassall wasn't good enough would create an interesting problem for MM/SR. 

Only those behind the scenes actually know what impact HR is having, but the fact that many fans will use their anti-DW stance to just exclaim that HR is the reason we've gotten promoted makes it a little easier for MM/SR to look elsewhere. 

If, with their knowledge of HR's impact (and it isn't much in this example), they decide DW is the way forward - that's going to attract some heat from many fans. I'll still support him though, I liked watching the U21s (who are on the verge of winning the league), and im enjoying watching the first team for the first time this season. 

His mistakes come from inexperience at game control etc. but his playstyle is entertaining, he has the players happy, and he's a big believer in youth.

My opinion on this matter is subject to change as more of the remaining games play out, but if we keep up these performances for the majority of them and get promoted, I'm happy with DW.

1 minute ago, curtains said:

You feel sorry for Wassall  that's enough. 

Yeah in a way. He was told he had the rest of the season then we brought in an advisor who some will thank for promotion should we achieve it. Therefore he can't really win, it would be an excuse to not give him the job if we go up. I didn't say get rid of Harry, I said Wassall has been undermined.

Archived