POTY 15/16

Day

POTY 15/16  

247 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've gone for Martin, but could easily have been Keogh or Carson.

Christie I don't think has been POTS standard, but I do feel he is perhaps the most improved player over last term. 

Shacks has been good, but not better than Keogh and of the 2 Keogh perhaps would be more deserving based on his battles back from Wembley and last seasons abortion.

The midfield has probably been weakest in terms of standout individuals - Thorne has shown flashes but sometimes seems half fit, Johnson dropped off, Butters has ability and I glad we have him but not quite dazzled either, Bryson is coming back - a whole season like the last 2 games and he'd be nailed on to win it  a third time.

Of the attackers, Martin has done the business more than any of the others. JR has worked hard but been hot and cold and Ince I think has done a lot more overall for the team than he did last season and always looks like he might make something happen. I think like Christie, I don't think he's in the POTS group, but his contribution this term deserves credit.

Bent - LOL Blackman - poor lad Razza - ??? Weimann - why why why?

That and I spent a few seconds hovering over the Bucko button just because.

Keogh for me to recover from last years mistakes and abuse he's been immense thank god we didn't get rid. Although shacks has to take some credit as this season keogh has been able to concentrate on his game without worrying about bailing his partner out all the time

p.s hold my hands up I was one of them wanting him gone.

I wonder if @David could persuade Mel to donate one of the function rooms at the iPro for an end of year awards dinner? Maybe the voting to include a young player of the season and invite both winners as guests of honour. Charge for tickets and get a couple of trophies done. Maybe contact someone like Paul Sisson to sponsor the event and get a guest speaker? Afterall, this site is the biggest 'gathering' of Derby fans, so such awards are actually quite meaningful.

1 hour ago, harryram said:

Keogh for me to recover from last years mistakes and abuse he's been immense thank god we didn't get rid. Although shacks has to take some credit as this season keogh has been able to concentrate on his game without worrying about bailing his partner out all the time

p.s hold my hands up I was one of them wanting him gone.

I don't think it was anything to do with bailing his partner out, he has improved immensely by staying on his feet and learning that a central defender has to sometimes stand still, be aware of what is around him, and not chase the ball like he used to do. Huge improvement that I am sure Paul Clement was largely responsible for.

Christie for me! Finally got his confidence back and what a player! Never seen a RB with such pace, power and skill when bombing forward. Hes only 23 as well!!! and cheap as chips!!! What a signing he is.

Special mention to Keogh (consistent season) Warnock (replaced Forsyth brilliantly) Olsson (scored against the red dogs)

And last but not least Bryson.... showing that even after a bad injury his engine is still extraordinary and looking at the price tags of Johnson and Butterfield, he is one of the most underrated players i've ever seen! No surprise that with him back in the team we've started to play 'the Derby way' again 

8 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Keogh for me. Also perhaps most improved (or cyrus) but can't see a claim for anyone else. Martin went nearly half a season not scoring from open play so baffles me how he has so many votes.

Probably because he got most of his assists during that time

Archived