POTY 15/16

Day

POTY 15/16  

247 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I chose Martin but could have easily chosen Keogh or even Carson.

Keogh has been the most consistent player this season but I think whenever we've needed a player to drag us through the rough times this season Martin has always been there for us, even in his dry spell he was assisting others. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Currently Keogh then Carson then Christie but Season aint over yet, and the final player glory story is truly yet to be written. Premature.

Player of the season is over the full season, it shouldn't be won over heroics in the last game or play offs. Only 5 games of the season left, most will have settled on a player by now.

25 minutes ago, David said:

Player of the season is over the full season, it shouldn't be won over heroics in the last game or play offs. Only 5 games of the season left, most will have settled on a player by now.

Best be having a trophy made! 

Just now, Shuff264 said:

Best be having a trophy made! 

That ain't a bad idea, I'd chip in, it would raise the profile of the forum and if enough members contributed a really good momento could be presented at a future meeting of members with Mel for him to pass on the winner. 

Just now, Shuff264 said:

That idea was shot down before it had a chance to breathe! 

Yeah, I noticed after I posted my reply to you. Ah well, still don't think it's a bad idea but I'll go with the boss, not like I had much option mind. :D

Ince for me.. 11 goals and countless assists in a team that on the whole this season hasn't been set up for him, he's grafted for them and in a team tailored for him he'd be immense, this week we've seen what he truly do when the team is in form.. his attitude as been good as well,, even when he was struggling he kept plugging away, which is not what we've heard from Forest fans who said he had an attitude problem. 

And also he's become more of a team player this season, he's become less selfish this season and now tries to find players in space and play a pass rather than go for glory himself which is nice to see. top player and deserves more love from our fans :wub: 

9 hours ago, David said:

Not really, put yourself in either mine or Mel's shoes and ask why would you want to run another.

This. It still infuriates me that the total over reaction of a small minority of vociferous posters, who don't hold the majority view, should undermine the admirable attempts of the club to involve and reach out to the fans through this forum and the efforts put in by those who attended to keep the rest of us informed. 

I don't understand it and I hope that it doesn't stop either of you from doing it again if considered. 

Keogh for me, although there haven't really been many stand-out contenders who've played well consistently. 

He's been solid all season and has made far fewer howlers than previously.  His willingness to drive forward out of defence has been the only thing getting the ball out of our own half at times and he's played the odd lovely through ball to the forwards.  He's far more comfortable with the ball and his distribution is what puts him ahead of the occasionally clumsy looking Shackell.

The armband doesn't seem to have ****** his confidence like it did last season even during our recent mini-crisis.

Of course, had we had more team performances this season similar to Hull and Bolton, then there would've been more bodies to choose from for POTY.  Bryson - what our season could have been without his injury.

Keogh for me.  He's been quality all season.  Yes, he has that "mistake" in him, however the quality of his desire to take responsibility and always look for the ball, coupled with his ability to drive forward has shown his worth to the team and proven a lot of people wrong.

Christie comes in second, as another who has proven a lot of people wrong and has come back from the cold to show how good he is.

Archived