POTY 15/16

Day

POTY 15/16  

247 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Player of the Season Poll 15/16

To avoid all arguments on why isn't X player in the Poll I've included the full squad from the OS except for Mitchell, Calero and Lowe in squad number order.

On a side note has anyone noticed that Warnock, Pearce and Shotton have all been removed from the squad list, never noticed loaned out players being removed before.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really been any stand out performances by individuals this season, but we have had some consistently good players like Carson, Keogh, Shackell and Christie.

I would go with Keogh as he has been our most consistent player, plays with passion and done very well to keep performing so well for the club considering all the vile stick he got last season. 

Its a tough one, no one player has gone totally above and beyond his peers. But there have been a lot of good performances this season.

Martin, Keogh, Carson and Butterfield have all been excellent.

I've gone with Martin though, Keogh was a close second.

Young player of the year though? Christie? Ince? Hanson?

Sith Happens

I have gone with Keogh, if Martin hadnt had his drop of form mid season probably would have gone for him.

Young player - Christie for me, has improved so much this season.

Has to be Keogh. To get all that stick last season, stick around, be stripped of the captaincy, then fight his way back into the starting XI and come out giving consistently good performances throughout the season is nothing short of brilliant. Lesser players would have buckled, but Keogh's stood up and proved us why so many people rate him at this level. He's shown strength, determination, desire, and a passion to be playing for Derby County. A model professional who deserves our plaudits.

I always view this as the player who's absence would have the greatest impact on the teams performance.  

I'll go Carson: how many errors has he actually made? A cool calm head who I am sure makes the back four feel more at ease.  

Notable shoutouts to Christie and Keogh.  

For me it's either Christie/Keogh/Carson - all 3 have been class this year! 

I voted for Christie just because he was probably the least popular player in the first team and everyone would single his mistakes out but he's improved so much and is now really solid!

Keogh needs a special mention for all the hate the fans were giving him last season and to then lose the captaincy and still be 100% committed is something to appreciate!

18 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Out of 3 for me - Christie, Martin and Keogh.

I'll go Christie. Most improved player imo, and proved me and a lot of other fans wrong. I like him a lot.

Shout out to Carson as well, did not expect him to be this good when we signed him. 

Carson is easily signing of the season 

Martin simply for dragging us through half the season in a formation that played to every single one of his weaknesses. Still managed to get 15+ goals and however many assists, despite having a 'poor' season. That and we look so much worse without him in the team. If we make the playoffs, pretty sure he'll make 20 goals for the season, for the thrid season in the row.

Archived