Are you any good at dominoes?

Day

"Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes."

I searching for a Brian Clough quote for another thread and stumbled on this gem which made me think about the Wassall.

Does anyone disagree with Brian Clough, how good are we all at dominoes and are we maybe being a touch harsh on Wassall for recent games using Rotherham and Cardiff as examples?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure I remember how to play dominoes. 

You have to place a number next to the same number until you've gotten rid of all of your pieces, right? 

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

The first bit says "players win you games".

At Rotherham, the players we were left with on the pitch after the subs could not win the game. Even though it was already won.

Why couldn't they? Please also include your dominoes experience

Un-balanced sides lose you games , also there are 22 players and the game is 90 minutes long . If they all had equal share of time with the ball its only roughly four minutes, so its probably more important what you do without the ball as when you are in possession .

18 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Crust was a bit hard.

Prefer Papa Johns mesen

Papa Johns is the best chain pizza in Derby, does change when you move around though. 

Plus, loyalty points. The crown jewels of the capitalist society. 

I once played in the National Fives and Threes Championship. Does this mean that I am now qualified to manage a football club?

Just now, admira said:

When I used to play Football Manager, I didn't ever get involved in tactics as don't understand them. I just bought the best players

How'd that work out? Genuine interest. 

I once went into the editor and put the 16 best players in the world (in my opinion) at (then non-league) Burton, made them super happy etc. as you can do in the editor. Started the season, went on holiday til it finished. They finished 8th. 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I once went into the editor and put the 16 best players in the world (in my opinion) at (then non-league) Burton, made them super happy etc. as you can do in the editor. Started the season, went on holiday til it finished. They finished 8th. 

Screenshot or it didn't happen. For real?

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I took Plymouth Argyle to Champions League glory so not bad!

6 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Screenshot or it didn't happen. For real?

Yeah, this was a while ago. 10 years or so ago. During the period they were in the conference. 

EDIT: thinking about it I might be misremembering the final position a little, but they certainly didn't get promoted. I uninstalled the game in disgust. 

I used the editor quite a bit. Put my self at Burton and a few other players like veron etc. 2-3 seasons later they was all unhappy and not being sold and left on frees.. Not good.

I play spiderman dominos with my son if that helps? Put 2 spiders to 2 spiders etc last one with no cards wins!

4 hours ago, David said:

"Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes."

What if the tactic is to play with 6 left backs that run around as a unit and no goalkeeper.

Bonus dominoes experience: I once played in a pub against a man who didn't have a thumb on his right hand, I lost

2 minutes ago, Joe. said:

What if the tactic is to play with 6 left backs that run around as a unit and no goalkeeper.

Bonus dominoes experience: I once played in a pub against a man who didn't have a thumb on his right hand, I lost

The chairman needs sacking for purchasing 6 left backs

Archived