Will Hughes available for selection

Day

7 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

What's your problem exactly? I said goals aside he was bang average. Are players that do more than one thing good in a game not allowed to be classified as bang average? The crosses, they hit the target but Dawson's positioning on both were poor. You are selecting aspects of his game that were not average as if that is evidence of an entire performance. I do have a point and I made it already. 

I have no problem but you do .

You can't say he played well after being injured in the first few minutes of the game which might keep him out of the Bolton game .

You say he was bang average apart from his 2 goals .

You are totally wrong .

The changes made from the Cardiff game i.e. bringing Christie back at RB in place of Hanson and moving Johnson back to where Clement played him and signed him for which was Left midfield and not left wing and putting Russell back on the wing made us play a lot better winning 4-0 against a good Hull team and not losing 2-1 against an inferior team like Cardiff. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, curtains said:

I have no problem but you do .

You can't say he played well after being injured in the first few minutes of the game which might keep him out of the Bolton game .

You say he was bang average apart from his 2 goals .

You are totally wrong .

The changes made from the Cardiff game i.e. bringing Christie back at RB in place of Hanson and moving Johnson back to where Clement played him and signed him for which was Left midfield and not left wing and putting Russell back on the wing made us play a lot better winning 4-0 against a good Hull team and not losing 2-1 against an inferior team like Cardiff. 

Right...

First name on the team sheet... Excellent news. If he is "available for selection" then he is fit enough to play and therefore fit enough to start. If you are fit enough to be a sub then you are fit enough to start. So get him in..! 

This is the perfect game to bring him back, they are finished, rubbish and we will wipe the floor with them, get him on, let him win us the game then sub him off after 55 minutes. 

There's also the psychological aspect that Will got injured against Bolton (as did Bryson), and it would be nice to have them both play blinders against the same opponents and put the season right back on track again.

I think it would be tempting fate to come back against the same team he picked up the injury. 

Give him another good run out against arsenal u21 who may be better opposition for him to play against and then a few days break before joining the squad for the run in. 

Daft to be considered for first team action after just half a game for the U21s. Sadly there's only one more U21 match to go (unless playoffs for them but we all hope not), or I'd say at least three U21 matches after a long time out from a very serious injury.

All the talk was that Will would not be rushed. The bench on Saturday would be rushing.

Sith Happens

I think he will be on the bench, expect weimman to be the one who makes way for him.

Who do you drop if he comes in to the first team? Probably ends up putting Johnson back out on the left and dropping Johnny...not that i want to see that.

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 16:07, Uptherams said:

Does he? Johnson got two goals but Bryson carried the team on Tuesday. His goals to one side and Johnson was bang average, missing for large parts of the game. If the team plays as it did on Tuesday then Butterfield can skate by with an average game. When the team is playing badly we expect too much from Butterfield. If he starts and Bryson is the every-man again expect to see a goal from outside the area and a handful of  real nice throughballs from Butterfield. 

Hate phrases like "Goals to one side" - You cannot put the goals to one side otherwise you could do that to EVERY player. Bryson "Running and closing players down to one side" he was bang average or Martin "Hold up play aside" he was bang average.

Rate a player on what they did - Johnson scored two by being in there and in the right place and had an assist after a superb long pass.

He's been crap until Tuesdays game but that would have tripled his confidence levels and I hope he is fit for tomorrow.

20 hours ago, rammieib said:

Hate phrases like "Goals to one side" - You cannot put the goals to one side otherwise you could do that to EVERY player. Bryson "Running and closing players down to one side" he was bang average or Martin "Hold up play aside" he was bang average.

Rate a player on what they did - Johnson scored two by being in there and in the right place and had an assist after a superb long pass.

He's been crap until Tuesdays game but that would have tripled his confidence levels and I hope he is fit for tomorrow.

Well you can. Because a match isn't 20 seconds. It is 90 minutes. Hence goals aside bang average performance. What you did was very disingenuous. Taking away a variable that  occurs over the entire 90 minutes as an example. Those examples were not even comparable. This is how fans talk offline. 

Quotes from the matchday thread in boltonnews

4:42pm

Will Hughes ready to come on. Crowd going berserk.

4:51pm

Good block from Derik as Russell tried to slide in a fifth. Hughes had half a chance too. Would have sparked a pitch invasion, I think.

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I was singing "the boy with George Thorne by his side" and "William, william Hughes is really something" all afternoon after his appearance....great to see him back, looking forward to seeing him lifting the trophy at Wembley. 

But was you there at the IPRO. 

Archived