Will Hughes available for selection

Day

8 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Absolutely agree, no need for him to be risked against the same side where both he and Bryson got injured. 

We can't seriously be talking about changing that side from Tuesday night.

We all know that a settled side pays dividends. 

Leaving Will to play against The Gunners... :thumbsup: love it :lol:

In the 2nd Division reserve game. 

Keep the same side for Bolton and leave Will for a bit yet. 

No need to rush the lad back even if he's chomping at the bit. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not sure if you're joking when you say "the one thing BJ added" unless you meant to say "one of the things". Did you miss his two goals and the sublime cross to Martin (unfortunately he missed it and was offside anyway but BJ couldn't have known that) to name but 3 things he added. 

What I'm saying that made him stand out for me was his physicality in midfield. I fully take the view we would still have won without his goals, but if he didn't play with the strength he did in midfield we wouldn't have won so many second balls. Anyway, the main point I'm trying to make is that if he's injured we need like for like, and I'd say hansons closer than butterfield to that 

2 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

What I'm saying that made him stand out for me was his physicality in midfield. I fully take the view we would still have won without his goals, but if he didn't play with the strength he did in midfield we wouldn't have won so many second balls. Anyway, the main point I'm trying to make is that if he's injured we need like for like, and I'd say hansons closer than butterfield to that 

I'd go with Tom Koblenz. . 

He should get a chance sometime for me. 

He's our best player.

We ease him back, sure, but as soon as he's ready he comes back into the 18, then the 11. The sooner he's match fit the better.

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not for a long time. Don't think he'd be considered, so don't get your hopes up.

No I don't think so either but he's a good prospect and Mel wants U21s around the  1st team squad.

Bradley might train tomorrow but if he's out I would think Hanson could come in with Will on the bench. 

Butterfield also on the bench. 

Butterfield is looking like a poor buy in some ways, he's never gonna get in ahead of Hughes, he can't even get in ahead of Johnson who until Tuesday had been dreadful since before Xmas. 

Top player Buttercup but no chance with our midfield options and he could well leave in the summer, wont get the money back for him though, unless one of the relegated sides are feeling flush with cash on the hip

1 minute ago, DCFCArmy said:

Butterfield is looking like a poor buy in some ways, he's never gonna get in ahead of Hughes, he can't even get in ahead of Johnson who until Tuesday had been dreadful since before Xmas. 

Top player Buttercup but no chance with our midfield options and he could well leave in the summer, wont get the money back for him though, unless one of the relegated sides are feeling flush with cash on the hip

Think you're being harsh. he was our best player for months either side of Christmas, and no one knows what's happening in the Summer yet (apart from maybe Mel).

1 minute ago, mike93rh said:

regardless of whether we play him against Bolton or not, how bloody exciting is it that he's this close to a return.. Might just be the bit of quality that gets us over the line? 

It's like a new signing in many ways. 

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Think you're being harsh. he was our best player for months either side of Christmas, and no one knows what's happening in the Summer yet (apart from maybe Mel).

He was our best player totally agree, but for some reason certain players can't get a look in, Bent and Weimann being the main 2 but we can add Butters to that list almost, plays well and then gets dropped... still, he's not in the factory like Camara, god only knows what's happened to him lol. 

20 minutes ago, DCFCArmy said:

He was our best player totally agree, but for some reason certain players can't get a look in, Bent and Weimann being the main 2 but we can add Butters to that list almost, plays well and then gets dropped... still, he's not in the factory like Camara, god only knows what's happened to him lol. 

different managers had different opinions - to me, Wassall came in with the clear mind of getting the team back to how it used to be under McClaren where possible, hence Hendrick, Bryson and Russell playing as much as they did. He seems to have relaxed a little bit on this - perhaps more through injury to Hendrick than anything.

Butterfield does have talent, and is brilliant to have at the club and when on form is as good as any other option we have. I'd back him in the summer to try and prove himself to someone who comes in without preconceptions.

2 hours ago, Uptherams said:

Does he? Johnson got two goals but Bryson carried the team on Tuesday. His goals to one side and Johnson was bang average, missing for large parts of the game. If the team plays as it did on Tuesday then Butterfield can skate by with an average game. When the team is playing badly we expect too much from Butterfield. If he starts and Bryson is the every-man again expect to see a goal from outside the area and a handful of  real nice throughballs from Butterfield. 

Bang average so look at the highlights and tell me why he was bang average .

2 hours ago, curtains said:

That is crap they played together at Cardiff. 

Butterfield and Bryson don't work together .

Was you at the game. 

So you are telling me that if Butterfield had played against Hull instead of Johnson that we would have been ****? So every time we lose, your position is that this and that player won't ever play well together and therefor we should just get rid? 

Just now, Uptherams said:

So you are telling me that if Butterfield had played against Hull instead of Johnson that we would have been ****? So every time we lose, your position is that this and that player won't ever play well together and therefor we should just get rid? 

I like Butterfield but him and Bryson together with Thorne doesn't work and that's not in hindsight either .

It was after Cardiff and before Hull. 

You can look on the Playing Badly Podcast thread if you like. 

Blend and balance is important in midfield and in a team .

You can't just throw players together. 

19 minutes ago, curtains said:

Bang average so look at the highlights and tell me why he was bang average .

No need for the highlights. I was there. Apart from the two goals he was bang average. Do you understand what is meant by average? Please post another video showing a few clips out of match as if they are a reflection of an entire performance. If goals aside his performance was good then Tom Ince has had a good game the last 12 starts. If Bryson or Martin or Christie or Olson hadn't played, if the team hadn't had such a good performance I wouldn't have called it bang average. But in the context of what I saw and goals aside, he was bang average. 

4 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

No need for the highlights. I was there. Apart from the two goals he was bang average. Do you understand what is meant by average? Please post another video showing a few clips out of match as if they are a reflection of an entire performance. If goals aside his performance was good then Tom Ince has had a good game the last 12 starts. If Bryson or Martin or Christie or Olson hadn't played, if the team hadn't had such a good performance I wouldn't have called it bang average. But in the context of what I saw and goals aside, he was bang average. 

Bang average flick on for the 2nd goal finished by himself  

Bang average cross for Martins header off the line. 

Bang average cross for Martins goal 

Bang average for his first goal 

Bang average run at there defence 

Really you don't have a point do you  

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Bang average flick on for the 2nd goal finished by himself  

Bang average cross for Martins header off the line. 

Bang average cross for Martins goal 

Bang average for his first goal 

Bang average run at there defence 

Really you don't have a point do you  

What's your problem exactly? I said goals aside he was bang average. Are players that do more than one thing good in a game not allowed to be classified as bang average? The crosses, they hit the target but Dawson's positioning on both were poor. You are selecting aspects of his game that were not average as if that is evidence of an entire performance. I do have a point and I made it already. 

Archived