Will Hughes available for selection

Day

I'd love to say change the team around for fresh legs and a chance for a run around but I don't think we're in a position to do that. To many times we've changed a team and ended up losing etc. Keep it how it is and keep Hughes in the U21 till match fit.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Butterfield in for Johnson. Will to play 90 mins with U21's then review situation if he comes through it ok. Bolton, Charlton and Bristol are all winnable games on paper and Will might not step straight back in and pull the strings the way he can after 7 months out anyway.  The alternative is give him some gametime and hope he's sharp enough for the Wendies where we will doubtless be fully tested. I favour the former of the two plots myself.

Great to have him back in contention all the same. 

Play Hanson in midfield for me. The one thing BJ added to the midfield on Tuesday was a bit of steel and it was exactly what we needed. Neither Butterfield or Bryson are midfield bruisers while Hanson will put his foot through someone happily. Hughesy to come on at 60 minutes (hopefully) when we have a decent scoreline

1 hour ago, jake the ram said:

Johnson looks a big doubt for Bolton game so who plays instead.GOT be same tempo as against hull.do we risk will,or go Butterfield who needs to up is game

Does he? Johnson got two goals but Bryson carried the team on Tuesday. His goals to one side and Johnson was bang average, missing for large parts of the game. If the team plays as it did on Tuesday then Butterfield can skate by with an average game. When the team is playing badly we expect too much from Butterfield. If he starts and Bryson is the every-man again expect to see a goal from outside the area and a handful of  real nice throughballs from Butterfield. 

For me put will on the bench for Bolton,, give him 15 to 20 mins if the game is right for it  then give him an hour in the under 21 match 

Having watched the goals v Bolton in last season's 4-1 win, Hughes was very involved in those so I'd love to see him at some point Saturday.

No need to change a winning team though, especially with such opposition so bring him on late in the game when we will hopefully be comfortable. Great to have him back, we've missed his creativity.

45 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Does he? Johnson got two goals but Bryson carried the team on Tuesday. His goals to one side and Johnson was bang average, missing for large parts of the game. If the team plays as it did on Tuesday then Butterfield can skate by with an average game. When the team is playing badly we expect too much from Butterfield. If he starts and Bryson is the every-man again expect to see a goal from outside the area and a handful of  real nice throughballs from Butterfield. 

That is crap they played together at Cardiff. 

Butterfield and Bryson don't work together .

Was you at the game. 

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

You can't say that Butterfield and Bryson don't work together. Last time they played togetjer they didn't have Thorne protecting them. Against Bolton they should be more tham enough

Cardiff was the last time and Thorne played. 

In advance, this looks like a game we should have much of the possession so picking Butters would make sense. On the other hand, he hasn't been that good lately... he surely is player who becomes better after run of games and picking him every once in a while is far from being effective approach.

Eventhough I really like him, it actually would make sense not to pick him until next season. Harsh but that's football.

2 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Play Hanson in midfield for me. The one thing BJ added to the midfield on Tuesday was a bit of steel and it was exactly what we needed. Neither Butterfield or Bryson are midfield bruisers while Hanson will put his foot through someone happily. Hughesy to come on at 60 minutes (hopefully) when we have a decent scoreline

Not sure if you're joking when you say "the one thing BJ added" unless you meant to say "one of the things". Did you miss his two goals and the sublime cross to Martin (unfortunately he missed it and was offside anyway but BJ couldn't have known that) to name but 3 things he added. 

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not sure if you're joking when you say "the one thing BJ added" unless you meant to say "one of the things". Did you miss his two goals and the sublime cross to Martin (unfortunately he missed it and was offside anyway but BJ couldn't have known that) to name but 3 things he added. 

would have to watch it again, but think that sublime cross was deflected...

No way would I play Will for any part of the game on Saturday.

Madness to risk him in a game we should win regardless of other injuries imo.

Always a chance Bolton will get frustrated/angry later on in the game and become reckless in the tackle.

Save him for Arsenal, matching up against Wilshire, nursing his own way back after injury makes much more sense.

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

No way would I play Will for any part of the game on Saturday.

Madness to risk him in a game we should win regardless of other injuries imo.

Always a chance Bolton will get frustrated/angry later on in the game and become reckless in the tackle.

Absolutely agree, no need for him to be risked against the same side where both he and Bryson got injured. 

We can't seriously be talking about changing that side from Tuesday night.

We all know that a settled side pays dividends. 

Leaving Will to play against The Gunners... :thumbsup: love it :lol:

24 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

But also crossed for Martins goal as well. 

Johnson may make the Bolton game I haven't seen anything that has ruled him out yet. 

Archived