Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

The mistake being referred to is Keogh giving the ball away. That happens all the time with defenders. Shackell gave the ball away directly after we equalised against Cardiff, where's his thread? People forget that these players are Championship players. Championship players make mistakes, they aren't perfect. If they were they wouldn't be at this club, be realistic.

John Stones is covered by the media's ejaculation nearly every week and he makes tons of mistakes, because he tries to play. Keogh tries to play. John Stones attempted a similar turn against Germany, got tackled and Forster saved. He didn't come under anywhere near as much criticism as Keogh would have. I'm not comparing John Stones and Keogh by the way, just simply the fact that Keogh's mistake last night is something that John Stones does a lot and is praised for. Keogh tries to pass the ball to feet and he tries to get momentum going by driving forward. In the first half against Forest we were poor but in my opinion Keogh and Bryson were our two stand-out players because they tried to make something happen.

It proves how well we played last night if the one thing that can be moaned about is that.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, mumblemumble said:

You just can't trust the guy, every game he makes a mistake that could and has cost us games.

Tonight we were 1-0 up, Keogh gets the ball around the 18 yard box and instead of moving it quickly he gets tackled by Diame (I think) who is then through on goal. Luckily Diame was a complete donkey otherwise that would have been 1-1.

How many more mistakes does he have to make until Buxton gets a game? 

Yes but he recovered nicely on it. I think he's a fantastic centre half, sorry to disagree. He could improve his passing, well really its just learning to pass with his left foot a bit, he could score more, but thats about it. He's better than Wes Morgan and Huth in my view, and look at them. Shackell is looking over his shoulder at Buxton, not Keogh. 

18 hours ago, mumblemumble said:

You just can't trust the guy, every game he makes a mistake that could and has cost us games.

Tonight we were 1-0 up, Keogh gets the ball around the 18 yard box and instead of moving it quickly he gets tackled by Diame (I think) who is then through on goal. Luckily Diame was a complete donkey otherwise that would have been 1-1.

How many more mistakes does he have to make until Buxton gets a game? 

So you would drop our probable player of the year?

17 hours ago, eddie said:

I have mentioned the two dimwits a few seats from us before - I think the last time I vented my spleen in their direction was when we played Bristol City. Tom Ince's name was mentioned before that match, they booed. Predictably, Tom scored a hat-trick. Tonight, they booed Bradley Johnson's name, and hurled abuse at him for the first 15 minutes. Once the goals started to flow, they became the laughing stocks and justifiable targets for those around them and they didn't like it one bit. They disappeared at half time, and never returned to their seats for the second half.

I heard that booing up behind me last night. Prats - I hope you enjoyed taking your revenge.

I've only started posting here this season and I have to say it's obvious that nearly all views are genuine and from the heart. The one thing that annoys me is the rush to indignation by some to any opinion which they categorise as "negative". I'm sure mumblemumble is as happy as anyone with last night's performance, but there is some merit in his opinion just as there is in some of the replies, regardless of last night's result. I happen to think Keogh is our POTY but I also think he's better off without the captaincy. Anyway, the point I'm making is, if you don't agree with a post then challenge it or ignore it but for God's sake don't pull the rug out from someone's genuine opinion by dismissing them as negative, sad, moaning, whining or any of the other catchphrases that the perpetually self righteous insist on using.

30 minutes ago, Reithe glas said:

I've only started posting here this season and I have to say it's obvious that nearly all views are genuine and from the heart. The one thing that annoys me is the rush to indignation by some to any opinion which they categorise as "negative". I'm sure mumblemumble is as happy as anyone with last night's performance, but there is some merit in his opinion just as there is in some of the replies, regardless of last night's result. I happen to think Keogh is our POTY but I also think he's better off without the captaincy. Anyway, the point I'm making is, if you don't agree with a post then challenge it or ignore it but for God's sake don't pull the rug out from someone's genuine opinion by dismissing them as negative, sad, moaning, whining or any of the other catchphrases that the perpetually self righteous insist on using.

You negative, sad, moaning, whining half-fan.

:p

Watching the PSG v Man City game at the moment, if Keogh had made mistakes like some of those on display tonight from a number of the so-called finest players in Europe, there would have been firebrands and pitchforks locked and loaded.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

Watching the PSG v Man City game at the moment, if Keogh had made mistakes like some of those on display tonight from a number of the so-called finest players in Europe, there would have been firebrands and pitchforks locked and loaded.

me too, agreed. Yet to see a defender who makes zero errors, Stimac excepted of course.

Cant knock Keogh for comitment and enthusiasm, yes by No means the best defender in the country but deserves his place more than others and when he has a bad game its  not because he hasnt tried or workedf hard through out the game unlike some players performance s 

There are probably about a handful of players to have ever played the game who didn't 'have a mistake in them' and even then I'm pretty sure someone as defensively godlike as Paolo Maldini probably made a bunch of mistakes throughout his career.

Stupid argument made even more stupid by the fact that Keogh's been our best player all year.

Everyone makes mistakes. You have to weigh up the contribution. 

You get more good out of Keogh than bad.

You probably get as much good out of Keogh as you do out of Shackell. Maybe more considering Shackell is a good defender but awful footballer where Keogh is a competent defender and pretty good player. 

At this level that is. 

Buxton is probably more rounded than both of them but perhaps not as good a defender as Shackell nor moves the ball as well as Keogh. 

Shackell should never make any possession mistakes like Keogh did because he's doesn't try to do anything useful with it.

Ridiculous argument! Keogh has been one of our top 3 players all season, if not the best. By no means perfect, but to say Buxton is as good as him is just wrong. I love Bucko's attitude and character, but he is not in the same league as Keogh and Shackell. Came on for 5 minutes against Forest and nearly cost us a goal losing his man off the corner because he was trying to get in a wrestling match. I don't argue he is good to have around the dressing room and in the squad, but that is his limit.

8 hours ago, eddie said:

This is something I tried to say yesterday, but I put in wrong thread... but here is the same post again.

"Ball-playing centreback" is always going to lose ball and pass poorly sometimes, I'm fine with those. It offers more positive to our play than those horrible looking mistakes. But his lack of concentration is much, much worse and at least doubles the risk of mistake.

I think I've said this so many times already but I'll say it once again. He is good enough to get us promoted. If we ever gain promotion, then I'd look for other options.

Buxton brings something neither Shackell nor Keogh has and that is strength in the air in the opposition box from corners or set-pieces. I'd play Shackell with Buxton, but never Keogh and Buxton ever again.

5 hours ago, Ramdale said:

Ridiculous argument! Keogh has been one of our top 3 players all season, if not the best. By no means perfect, but to say Buxton is as good as him is just wrong. I love Bucko's attitude and character, but he is not in the same league as Keogh and Shackell. Came on for 5 minutes against Forest and nearly cost us a goal losing his man off the corner because he was trying to get in a wrestling match. I don't argue he is good to have around the dressing room and in the squad, but that is his limit.

Why is Bucko blamed for us nearly conceding a goal from a corner, whereas his far superior counterpart Shackell either lost his man or neglected his space resulting in two actual goals from corners at Cardiff?

Your argument makes no sense at all.

On 5 April 2016 at 23:57, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

He did makes mistakes BUT Shackell also do the same does that means both of them dropped? 

Enjoy the win! Yes I know we're playing poor all season BUT tonight was fantastic!!! 

Keogh makes a lot more mistakes than Shackell.

For every mistake Shackell makes Keogh makes 5.

over the season, if you can't see this then your spectacles and rose tinted.

i dare you to watch the highlight videos of Derby matches. There is a huge portion of chances and often goals which are attributed directly from A Keogh error.

i think shackell is a premiership quality centre half. Alas I don't think Keogh is.

10 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Keogh makes a lot more mistakes than Shackell.

For every mistake Shackell makes Keogh makes 5.

over the season, if you can't see this then your spectacles and rose tinted.

i dare you to watch the highlight videos of Derby matches. There is a huge portion of chances and often goals which are attributed directly from A Keogh error.

i think shackell is a premiership quality centre half. Alas I don't think Keogh is.

Do you consider passing the ball to the opposition a mistake? Because if so, Shackell makes more mistakes than Keogh.

If you don't consider those mistakes, then I'd like you to back up that statistic, cos I think it's arsewater. 

Archived