mumblemumble

Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

Latest Updates

2 hours ago, angieram said:

I was at the game on Saturday. I thought Keogh had a reasonably good first half when we were often under the cosh and he was covering for other players who had 'gone missing' - I remember him coming over almost to the left back position on one occasion and putting in a terrific tackle when Olsson was half way up the field (as usual). Some of his headers (under pressure) were a bit wayward.

Second half we continued to be under the cosh as the manager chose to do nothing about the way we were being over-run at times and Keogh had his poorest half this season. He was poor. He wasn't the only one.

Up to Saturday I feel he has been outstanding this season but one poor half is all it takes for the usual suspects to be back on his case.

This forum doesn't deserve you or your consistently well thought out and articulate posts Angie.

Have you forgotten the dreadfully short header that they should have scored from, the getting absolutely roasted on the touch line for there guy to cross and there guy again missing a sitter, and the time Carson came out to carm him down when putting a diabolical pass to a team mate that clearly wasn't wanting it . This alone was all in the first half .

6 minutes ago, Key clubber said:

Have you forgotten the dreadfully short header that they should have scored from, the getting absolutely roasted on the touch line for there guy to cross and there guy again missing a sitter, and the time Carson came out to carm him down when putting a diabolical pass to a team mate that clearly wasn't wanting it . This alone was all in the first half .

Everyone makes mistakes though don't they.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Everyone makes mistakes though don't they.

The problem is the consistency and frequency of the mistakes. This game is all about making few mistakes; the better players make less. As a team, the less mistakes you make and the more chances you take the greater the team; it's a very simple formula.

10 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

The problem is the consistency and frequency of the mistakes. This game is all about making few mistakes; the better players make less. As a team, the less mistakes you make and the more chances you take the greater the team; it's a very simple formula.

He is consistently one of our best players.

5 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

I'd agree with your first point, but this has nothing to do with Wembley, which was just one of those unfortunate things right at the end of the game. Continually bringing that up polarises the argument as a black or white situation, which it isn't.

It's not about making mistakes as such, it's about how good a player you are. Quality of player is a lot more than just about mistakes. He's proven himself to be good enough for a top 6 side, so fine. I'd like to build a side that looks at top 2, and I don't think that's him. Nor a few others.

You're right of course but, if you accept that he doesn't make any more mistakes than most, why do think he has been largely singled out since Wembley? 

4 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

This forum doesn't deserve you or your consistently well thought out and articulate posts Angie.

Hear hear I was also at the match and Podgey is spot on especially about the manager doing nothing  Most of the Keogh haters are only radio fans anyway