Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

19 hours ago, Lokidoki said:

I shouldn't bother, because even if he scored an OG in every match you would get criticised on this thread for either a) not knowing football b) Only going to the Wembley match and falsely blaming him for every mistake  all the others in the team make. C) having a hissy fit if you stand up say he was poor d) personally slagging off folks that disagree with you.

I stand by what I said in my comments way back when about his poor positional play particularly when playing on the left, when dragged out of position,  (borne out by match statistics)  and yes over the last few games he has played out of his skin enough for me to agree that he was MOTM for the last game . And just let's hope it remains that way as I for one don't want to criticise the skipper - but let's get real - over the years he has dropped some real clangers and has contributed to the loss of quite a few match points on the way.

Turn back on the personal vilification thread. ;-))

18 hours ago, mumblemumble said:

Spot on - this forum is becoming a joke

Why is it a joke though? Surely people are entitled to disagree with your opinions on keogh, and probably 90% of people on the forum do.

So if you say something that is going to be unpopular do you expect people to applaud you? No they wont, they will disagree and use examples to back them up...so if you say its his fault for wembley, i will say ok, but if bucko and forsythe had of cleared it which they had ample chance to do then he wouldnt have been in a position to make that mistake, and i'll say what about the rest of the team who couldnt score against 10 men?

Thats just an example, a few weeks ago it was said he was poor and yes a lot of people disagreed, it wasnt a hissy fit its just people saying we dont agree with what you are saying.

I really dont think people are defending him for the sake of it, clearly a lot of people rate him and thats demonstrated with the number of POTY awards he gets. If we voted today for this season he would probably win again.

And on the dropping points I would say yes of course he has hes a defender, carson costs us points, all defenders do, all players do...how many points have bent, martin etc cost us by missing penalties...its just easier to demonstrate points lost when it results in a goal conceded.

If you drill it down to individual games like a lot do with wembley, how about hughes and his great pass to a reading player which cost us a goal, when we just needed a point to get in the play offs a couple of years back and bents miss just before half time, just as costly but not as evident, or bryson putting it wide when 2-0 up in the second half in the away leg against hull?

For me Keogh is and has been one of our best players for a number of years so if i think he is unfairly criticised then I will defend him and disagree with your posts, im not having a hissy fit...just an opinion. Of course you are entitled to yours, but i will still tell you i think yours is wrong.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, cannable said:

Interesting point that.

Far too many times in the last year has Keogh been the one being forced into setting our tempo, trying to speed things up. He was our best attacker against Birmingham! 

In fairness i reckon carson could have been up for that accolade we were that bad, :lol:

On 10/24/2017 at 05:35, ossieram said:

I thought that. I just can't understand why people on a Derby County fans forum would even think about defending one of their own players from people who never see all the good stuff he does but won't shut up about any mistakes!!

I created the thread - I'm not the one that keeps posting in it to bring the topic back up...

21 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Why is it a joke though? Surely people are entitled to disagree with your opinions on keogh, and probably 90% of people on the forum do.

So if you say something that is going to be unpopular do you expect people to applaud you? No they wont, they will disagree and use examples to back them up...so if you say its his fault for wembley, i will say ok, but if bucko and forsythe had of cleared it which they had ample chance to do then he wouldnt have been in a position to make that mistake, and i'll say what about the rest of the team who couldnt score against 10 men?

Thats just an example, a few weeks ago it was said he was poor and yes a lot of people disagreed, it wasnt a hissy fit its just people saying we dont agree with what you are saying.

I really dont think people are defending him for the sake of it, clearly a lot of people rate him and thats demonstrated with the number of POTY awards he gets. If we voted today for this season he would probably win again.

And on the dropping points I would say yes of course he has hes a defender, carson costs us points, all defenders do, all players do...how many points have bent, martin etc cost us by missing penalties...its just easier to demonstrate points lost when it results in a goal conceded.

If you drill it down to individual games like a lot do with wembley, how about hughes and his great pass to a reading player which cost us a goal, when we just needed a point to get in the play offs a couple of years back and bents miss just before half time, just as costly but not as evident, or bryson putting it wide when 2-0 up in the second half in the away leg against hull?

For me Keogh is and has been one of our best players for a number of years so if i think he is unfairly criticised then I will defend him and disagree with your posts, im not having a hissy fit...just an opinion. Of course you are entitled to yours, but i will still tell you i think yours is wrong.

Lecture over now?

This is why the forum is becoming a joke - too many users on here who will tell you you're wrong if they don't agree with your opinion. 

How about just disagreeing - there is a difference.

2 hours ago, mumblemumble said:

Lecture over now?

This is why the forum is becoming a joke - too many users on here who will tell you you're wrong if they don't agree with your opinion. 

This is actually pretty interesting. Have you ever thought about changing your opinion if it looks like it might be a bit too biased?

I know I have to do it quite often.

4 hours ago, mumblemumble said:

Lecture over now?

Get a grip man.

If you can't take peoples opinions on an online sports forum with a pinch of salt then god knows how you're getting through life!

19 hours ago, mumblemumble said:

Lecture over now?

I think that's wrong.

22 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

How about just disagreeing - there is a difference

And that is the point I was subtly trying to make. Disagree and disagree in an intelligent manner; that's called debate.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Please don't disagree and say that the person who has an opposing view is a Wa*ker , which is what is tending to happen here.

But then I guess that's the mentality of the football terrace.

12 minutes ago, Lokidoki said:

And that is the point I was subtly trying to make. Disagree and disagree in an intelligent manner; that's called debate.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Please don't disagree and say that the person who has an opposing view is a Wa*ker , which is what is tending to happen here.

But then I guess that's the mentality of the football terrace.

Think you misquoted me there.

Disagree with the last bit massively though. 

People (try to) tell me I'm wrong every day of every week, whether it be driving my car, during work, at home with the missus.. I don't cry about it though. It's got nothing to do with the mentality of the football terrace, it's pretty much the mentality in every walk of life. 

Haven't seen anyone call anybody a w*nker? Sounds fabricated (again) if I'm honest but disappointing if true. 

I think the frustrations people have with certain posters boils down to them not being balanced and fair. You call for intelligent debate yet your defending posters that will only ever show their face when there's blame to be had, not praise. That's why certain people aren't being taken seriously and rightfully so. 

Sorry @Mr Tibbs I thought I was quoting form @mumblemumble just the board software is not good enough to follow the original thread. But I do agree about :

7 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

People (try to) tell me I'm wrong every day of every week, whether it be driving my car, during work, at home with the missus.. I don't cry about it though. It's got nothing to do with the mentality of the football terrace, it's pretty much the mentality in every walk of life.

But It doesn't have to be like this - it's called lack of respect for each other and we DO NOT have to continue in this vein on this forum  - just because we appear to be degenerating in other areas to the lowest common denominator. My use of the W word was exaggerating what appears to be happening when folks do disagree.  

My opinion,,,

keough is an above average championship / lower half prem centre half  8/ 10

his commitment to the Derby shirt is beyond question 10/10

the above in combination with decent longevity at the club and number appearances made during that time means that I for one will give him the respect and affection he deserves as a true Derby player and when his time with us is up I'm pretty certain the majority of fans will see him that way

29 minutes ago, archied said:

My opinion,,,

keough is an above average championship / lower half prem centre half  8/ 10

his commitment to the Derby shirt is beyond question 10/10

the above in combination with decent longevity at the club and number appearances made during that time means that I for one will give him the respect and affection he deserves as a true Derby player and when his time with us is up I'm pretty certain the majority of fans will see him that way

He's been our player of the season so far.

I think Rowett should encourage him to carry the ball more. When he drives forward he usually then finds a Derby player and he creates momentum that Huddlestone and Ledley struggle with.

Viva Keogh!

Archived