Euro 2016 - How far will England go?

Day

How far will England go in Euro 2016?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Id love to see england win something think it would be fantastic

Obviously id love to see Derby win something of note more but ive always thought that might never happen in my life time, or at least any time soon. We might get an FA cup or League cup one day & that might be possible if we eventually become a mid table prem side but in all honesty its not going to happen anytime soon.

Therefore the Next best thing is England winning something. Thr Summer is rubbish with no football & a euro or a world cup gives everyone something to look forward to. I Hope we put in some good performances so we can at least all get giddy thinking we are going to win it as the last few tournaments have been terrible. 

we could do with a good run like 96 (first tournament i can actually remember) or 98, a good tournament song and everyone getting carried away. I Like the atmosphere in the pubs, everyone comming together all singing in England shirts but to be honest the last few tournaments its all been a bit flat because we all know we have been utter rubbish 

15 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Croatia, Poland and Russia have a few good individual players but they'll never win it.

We said that about Greece in 04 though, from the quarters onwards it was "nah they'll lose in the next match". 

I don't think they will win it though, but imagine Russia winning it.... just for the look on Europes leaders faces, esp Merkel :lol:

56 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

everyone comming together all singing in England shirts but to be honest the last few tournaments its all been a bit flat because we all know we have been utter rubbish 

We were never good enough before though, expect the 1990 and 1996 tournaments. 98 we were half decent but were always going to struggle against the bigger teams, although we should have beaten Argentina that year, the ref couldn't wait to screw us over. 2000... we make a mark on Europe all right... haha. 2002 average, 2004 again average.. it was only 2006 onwards where we knew we were crap though.. to be honest I preferred pre 2006 where we all got excited, blind optimism is better than a miserable "we wont win it anyway" :lol: . 

I think England have a decent chance, it's hard to say what stage they'll reach as the other groups are hard to predict, but i think they are one of the few teams with a genuine chance of winning it.  A young squad with plenty of attacking talent, from an impartial perspective i can see no reason why an English fan shouldn't be optimistic going into the tournament. Apart from the history of the tournament and Germans and penalties and all that....but that's all in the past! 

I actually think France will win, despite the unsettling nature of the whole Benzema/Valbuena craziness and the injury to Zouma.  With Pogba, Griezmann, Gameiro, Kongdogbia, Matuidi, Kante, Payet, Schneiderlin, Varane, Koscielny, Lloris, Martial, Giroud, Coman...etc...there is a good team in there somewhere. 

On 04/04/2016 at 10:03, McRamFan said:

Roy will revert to the old school and we will crash at group stage.

Agree with this. Rooney will underperform again and Kane/Vardy brought on as subs in last group match. ha ha

20 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Yeh I read it wrong the first time I saw it. We're set to meet Spain (assuming they win their group and then progress) in the semi-finals if we win our group.

All ifs and buts though. We've made a habbit in the past of failing to top a pretty straight-forward group.

Agree. It's just assumptions that the 'best' teams will finish top of their group, then second best and so on. With the format being how it is this year, it's very difficult not to qualify from our group. If England can't manage to be one of the four best third placed sides then there's something very wrong. Our path is quite favourable when you look at some of the other sides. Wouldn't meet any of the favourites until the semi-finals as long as we finish top.

England will win the euros this year if we play the right team (no rooney).  I would like to see a young skillful pacey attack.  We can go far withnthe right side and the right way as we showed against germany.

8 hours ago, tings said:

England will win the euros this year if we play the right team (no rooney).  I would like to see a young skillful pacey attack.  We can go far withnthe right side and the right way as we showed against germany.

Rooney on the bench will do! Play like against Germany then we may have a great chance! 

Archived