Bradley Johnson - are we contractually obliged to start him?

Duracell

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Walsall_Ram said:

Ironic how he's seen Hughes in a shirt the past week or so.. Take it with a pinch of salt.

Well I don't think he would really have cared if he saw Hughes was on the way back, because until today Wassall seemed to think Johnson was a winger, so its not like they would have been competing for the same position.

14 minutes ago, sage said:

I was delighted to see him scoe twice and play better.

I thought Bryson. Martin. Ince and Russell were all much better though.

Tin hat on.

No spot on sage. Hull played like we sometimes do, slow and ponderous in the middle, spreads to a shaky defence. Bryson in particular tore Huddlestone and Livermore a strip, Johnson, Ince and Russell added to the panic, we just simply had more pace and energy.

They play that line up, I want them in the play offs every day, couldnt live with us when we kept the tempo high.

That's the Bradley Johnson we signed. Brilliant tonight. Funny how he's played on the left recently and barely put a cross in and tonight played in the centre but put a quality left wing cross in for Martin. Thought he played with a point to prove tonight. Needs to do it for the remaining games now. 

I think the response he got when he was subbed was great. Credit where credits due to him but also to the fans, he's had some stick recently but I thought the standing ovation was fitting. It's no good criticising a player if you can praise them when they do well. Football truly is a fickle game and I love it. Anyone else feel the whole atmosphere around the forum has changed with one great performance. Long may it continue. 

Can it be true that Johnson isn't the languid technical possession based midfielder we all thought he was failing at, nor the gifted left winger who was keeping razza camara out the side, but in fact a robust championship midfielder who just needed a bit of love, couple of goals and being himself to actually have a positive effect on the side?

That'll be him playing left back and responsible for both goals Bolton score on Saturday then.

After his first goal he grew so much in confidence. He won about 4 successive 50-50 headers and brought a difficult bal down, evaded a tackle and played it simple to keep possession.

he is obviously best in a midfield 3, on the left of centre and hopefully this will help him kick on. If he isn't playing left back against Bolton I would stick a cheeky tenner on him getting another goal.

4 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I think the response he got when he was subbed was great. Credit where credits due to him but also to the fans, he's had some stick recently but I thought the standing ovation was fitting. It's no good criticising a player if you can praise them when they do well. Football truly is a fickle game and I love it. Anyone else feel the whole atmosphere around the forum has changed with one great performance. Long may it continue. 

That Olly is because most of the moaners don't post when we win..........not wishing to trash the atmosphere by the way

I went to tesco today and got a plain white bed sheet and wrote "Johnson is not very good, boooooo" on it in black permenant marker. Gutted it didn't get to use it tonight. Don't worry though, I crossed Johnson out and have enough space to fit keogh on for next home game as he always has a mistake in him.......

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

That Olly is because most of the moaners don't post when we win..........not wishing to trash the atmosphere by the way

Too true. I go the other way. We lose or play poorly I go away from the forum and sulk and wallow in my own self pity. We win and I'm back. Don't like spreading negativity. 

5 minutes ago, KBB said:

I went to tesco today and got a plain white bed sheet and wrote "Johnson is not very good, boooooo" on it in black permenant marker. Gutted it didn't get to use it tonight. Don't worry though, I crossed Johnson out and have enough space to fit keogh on for next home game as he always has a mistake in him.......

and Keogh is only ever a heartbeat away from being back to the scapegoat for all our ills. always.

I have a vision of him giving away a crucial goal fir Ireland in the Euro 16 quarter final before returning to Derby where Martin O'Niell is the new manager. 

14 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

and Keogh is only ever a heartbeat away from being back to the scapegoat for all our ills. always.

I have a vision of him giving away a crucial goal fir Ireland in the Euro 16 quarter final before returning to Derby where Martin O'Niell is the new manager. 

Many a thing as been said in jest and turned out to be true

Archived