Villa sack Garde

Day

I can't believe no one else has said it. Is Garde the head coach Mel has been waiting to become free?

Before Villa he had a great reputation as a coach and someone who brought the youngsters through. Here's a tactical assessment of him from his time in France: http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2013/04/28/olympique-lyonnais-the-tactical-debrief/

Maybe he needed the Villa job to make his mistakes in English football and has got them out of his system? A little in the way that Clement may go on to better things having left us.

I'm absolutely not advocating it, but just thinking aloud after several too many vodkas.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I can't believe no one else has said it. Is Garde the head coach Mel has been waiting to become free?

Before Villa he had a great reputation as a coach and someone who brought the youngsters through. Here's a tactical assessment of him from his time in France: http://frenchfootballweekly.com/2013/04/28/olympique-lyonnais-the-tactical-debrief/

Maybe he needed the Villa job to make his mistakes in English football and has got them out of his system? A little in the way that Clement may go on to better things having left us.

I'm absolutely not advocating it, but just thinking aloud after several too many vodkas.

Can't see this happening at all. Remi has no knowledge of the lower leagues in this country (why he's lost the job as Villa are certainly going down) and Mel would be beyond daft to take yet another managerial appointment risk as large as this. 

I think Villa are in danger of falling straight through the championship if they are relegated.

Can see them doing a Pompey, no club is too big to land in the third tier. However like Leeds and Gumps their fans can be somewhat deluded.

I thought Villa would stick by him and let them lead a charge next season.  Then I thought about it and realised you'd be mad to allow a coach who has no experience in the Championship, and who's experience comes from abroad try and lead your club back to the Prem... :ph34r:

5 hours ago, McRamFan said:

I think Villa are in danger of falling straight through the championship if they are relegated.

Can see them doing a Pompey, no club is too big to land in the third tier. However like Leeds and Gumps their fans can be somewhat deluded.

Doing a Pompey? A club who's natural level is League 1/Championship judging by their history?

41 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Nigel Pearson in the summer. We will be left with either Wassall or Rowett which will fill me with immense joy.

Me too - but I'm not precious.

6 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

I thought Villa would stick by him and let them lead a charge next season.  Then I thought about it and realised you'd be mad to allow a coach who has no experience in the Championship, and who's experience comes from abroad try and lead your club back to the Prem... :ph34r:

They probably would have but if you've seen them play... There's not a great deal of pride or fight in them. Never mind staying up you'd think he could motivate them to play for their future. For respect.

They showed Man City ( I think) 45 minutes of self respect and then waved the white flag. 

I think we looked as motivated after Jewell came in and told everyone that we're planning for next season and most players are free to go. Smart move that. The knob.

Archived