Villa sack Garde

Day

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should have been sacked ages ago. The effort is embarrassing. Not even playing for individual pride judging by some of the hilarious defending. 

Well done to Agbonlahor who has conned over 300 games in the Premier league. The ultimate look busy hurry up and do nothing player. You had a good run fella. Unless someone like Norwich takes a punt because you are a "proven" Premier League player. 

Give the new manager a few games to be around the squad and see who really wants to be there ready for the summer clear out.

Makes sense really, should have done it whilst they still had hope. 

PistoldPete2
10 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Give the new manager a few games to be around the squad and see who really wants to be there ready for the summer clear out.

Makes sense really, should have done it whilst they still had hope. 

I agree with the last comment should have done it earlier... But not now. Will they attract someone now, who will be manager when they get relegated? Why not wait for the summer ? 

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I agree with the last comment should have done it earlier... But not now. Will they attract someone now, who will be manager when they get relegated? Why not wait for the summer ? 

Be managers queuing up round the block for the job, relegation is nailed on and it wouldn't put a black mark on whoever goes in cv. 

Randy will have to make some assurances on transfer funds, can see a mass exodus in the summer, if those are made it's a great job for a manager to go into a big club and a blank canvas to rebuild on.

35 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Can't see who they would attract now unless they're dangling the mutha of juicy contracts.

Feel for garde. His profile is that of a good technical coach. Having to deal with way overpaid has-beens like lescott and Richards with poor attitudes must have been difficult to do.

And he failed.

22 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Be managers queuing up round the block for the job, relegation is nailed on and it wouldn't put a black mark on whoever goes in cv. 

Randy will have to make some assurances on transfer funds, can see a mass exodus in the summer, if those are made it's a great job for a manager to go into a big club and a blank canvas to rebuild on.

According to the Guardian, they'll wait until the summer to appoint someone. No point crushing a new manager's spirit just now. 

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/29/remi-garde-leaves-aston-villa-mutual-consent 

Villa fans want Moyes. I've seen a good few disregard the likes of Rodgers as inadequate and even Sean Dyche as 'hugely disappointing' 

I sense their fans are in for an excellent summer under a board who seem disinterested in whether the club lives or dies. 

I would say it's definitely one to keep our eyes on. 

I have a theory that Villa could do a Wolves or a Wigan (or nearly us after that awful awful season...) and just continue to drop until they fall into League One. Admittedly Wigan had that first season half under Rosler where they made a late flourish, but even then they were nowhere near good enough.

Villa could be in trouble though, I bet their costs in the Championship could be huge and really hold them back if they can't stop the rot in year one. Recent conduct suggests they won't.

They should be alright. Steve Hollis knows what he's doing, and they've got the likes of Brian Little on the club's board now who is a big fan favourite there.

Steve Bruce is my tip to join them. He wants out of Hull, and Villa need somebody who knows Championship football and what it takes to get out of the league. 

Archived