DCFC Fans - Barker Testimonial & More Yoga Podcast

Day

It's international week but we're still here! Mafiabob was our forum guest for this weeks Podcast, Stephen fresh from yoga class also graced us with his appearance late on! (Includes audio from Shaun Barkers Testimonal press conference)

As discussed this week you can find Mafiabob’s Just Giving page at: https://www.justgiving.com/andrew-margett3 you can also find him on Twitter @baronmad79

You can listen to us ramble on through iTunes or online at Podbean which is also available on Android and iOS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you very much for having me on, certainly a great experience for me as I've never ever done anything like this before. Really appreciate having me on..

Also the link to my gambling blog I did a few years ago for those who are interested is thebaronwrites.wordpress.com go to the very first post written on there for my actual story (silent illness blog) thanks.

Andy

Was good having you on Mafia, I bet you were knackere....oooops :p 

Just listening back and Barker's press conference audio is quite low on my phone yet sounds ok on my MacBook, I'll see if I can fix without taking it down 

32 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Was good having you on Mafia, I bet you were knackere....oooops :p 

Just listening back and Barker's press conference audio is quite low on my phone yet sounds ok on my MacBook, I'll see if I can fix without taking it down 

Very low but just turned the volume up and it was ok. 

Nice to hear  you and Srg disagreeing a bit.

Only had the chance to listen to the first 10 mins or so. I must congratulate mafiabob on his frankness regarding his  past gambling problem. It can ruin lives - and not just those of the gambler. The industry needs more exposure for what it actually does - which is prey on people's  vulnerability. I've just seen a tweet from a 'Walliam Hall ambassador' (purposely mispelled) - an ex player who must be getting paid a bit of dosh for this. It just shows how much money must be made from it. It's not something I could put my name and face to. 

I'm sure that there are some people that can gamble responsibly, but there is always going to be one winner - the gambling company. I cant really speak for the situaion in the uk, but they seem to be everywhere over here in Oz. Leaves a bit of a bad taste in the mouth when trying to follow sport.

A good listen, although I kept forgetting to pause it when I got up to walk around the office to do stuff, so I've likely only listened to 40% of it or so. 

Just finished listening to it, helping to ensure that it is going global.!! Great podcast again  

comments...

@Srg sturridge "world class"...! World class...? Give me a break son, he isn't even the best in his family and I couldn't stand Uncle Dean. (But we should take him as back up) and I totally agree with you about Kane, I don't see what all the fuss is about with him at all and Sherwood (think you pinched my spiv comment there!)  

Waste of a seat on the plane, really is. He'll step off the airport coach and be out injured for 6 months. Really not worth taking. Great player when fit, just that when is pretty rare these days.

He's 26 years old and played 158 professional games.

Poor showing that.

132 games at 28, so a slightly better Dawkins. Nothing against Sturridge, great player but I wouldn't want to rely on him being there when you need him.

I love Wilshere, on form up there with the best we've got, if not the best but wouldn't let him anywhere near the plane even tho he's nearing fitness until he show some kind of ability to last more than 10 games in a row

49 minutes ago, David said:

Waste of a seat on the plane, really is. He'll step off the airport coach and be out injured for 6 months. Really not worth taking. Great player when fit, just that when is pretty rare these days.

He's 26 years old and played 158 professional games.

Poor showing that.

Yep, I agree. He wouldn't make the 7 games in such a short time in the euros. 

Will Hughes has played almost as many games as him and he is only  11 years old. 

Archived