The Boat Race - light or dark blue?

Carl Sagan

I studied at Cambridge Uni but was subsequently employed by Oxford Uni for 11 years. Rather like Cloughie, you never forget your first love so I'll be cheering on the light blues of Cambridge this Easter Sunday afternoon.

Anyone else with loyalties for this one?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I would love to study at Oxford and this is something that I'm working really hard for at the minute, therefore I would probably want them to win:p

Good ambition. What's your subject?

5 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

I hang out witg a bunch of Oxford alumni, does that count? 

None from the fens? I thought we got everywhere. Disappointed there's no one to turn you towards the light.

Meanwhile, looks as if the Cambridge women are going to sink!

31 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Good ambition. What's your subject?

I'm thinking of becoming a lawyer, so probably either law or history (if history then I'll do a conversion course afterwards). The Easter holidays aren't going to be particularly fun, I'm up at 6am every morning!:D

55 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I'm thinking of becoming a lawyer, so probably either law or history (if history then I'll do a conversion course afterwards). The Easter holidays aren't going to be particularly fun, I'm up at 6am every morning!:D

Worth the early starts - truly. And it's good practice for if you also end up rowing! :D

1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I'm a bit skinny for rowing!:p Iwould absolutely love to study there, it's been a dream of mine for a while!

I was also too skinny for rowing. But happily captained the football team, which of course is by far the main sport played, despite what you see in the media. All the best for it. Hope you get there for an amazing experience.

24 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I was also too skinny for rowing. But happily captained the football team, which of course is by far the main sport played, despite what you see in the media. All the best for it. Hope you get there for an amazing experience.

Thanks, I'll keep you updated, I'm taking my GCSEs this summer!:p

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I studied at Cambridge Uni but was subsequently employed by Oxford Uni for 11 years. Rather like Cloughie, you never forget your first love so I'll be cheering on the light blues of Cambridge this Easter Sunday afternoon.

Anyone else with loyalties for this one?

Me and the wife studied at Oxford so dark blue, at least the girls won.

• 11 months later...

Who's favourite to win this year. I've always supported Cambridge, don't know why, I've never attended either university. The only time I've been to any uni was to see my daughters' graduations. 

Archived