20/20 Cricket World Cup 2016

froggg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With my Rams fan mentality (can't hold a 3-0 lead with 7 minutes to go) I was still bricking it at 15/4 and rightly so it turned out. Fabulous catch by Root and great bowling from Jordan and Stokes at the death. And Stokes' first/only ball 6 helped an awful lot!

Angelo Mathews carries the team for Sri Lanka and nearly got them through.

Nice to see England hold their nerve.

I have had my doubts about Jordan but he did well. I do wonder whether Rashid will get in for the next game. He goes for a lot of runs and whilst he is a wicket taker can be a bit of a liability, especially in the field.

PistoldPete2
11 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

First 20 20 match I've ever watched ! I'm not a big cricket fan but went round to the old man's and ge had it on , let's just say by the end of the game I was glued to the TV,  even found myself researching 20 20 cricket on Google!  

It was a great match so you picked a really good one for your first match. Still not sure about Englands bowling they will need their spinners to do better but they do have match winners with the bat in Root, Morgan and Butler. Roy, Hales and Stokes dont hang about either.   

There have been some brilliant performances in this tournament, but that innings by Virat Kohli took some beating tonight. OK, this afternoon, but we were out and watched a recording when we got back

6 hours ago, eddie said:

There have been some brilliant performances in this tournament, but that innings by Virat Kohli took some beating tonight. OK, this afternoon, but we were out and watched a recording when we got back

He is possibly the best batsman in the world to watch when on top form.

No slogging- just great shots. 

Looked really pumped up too!

Dhoni's main role was to calm him down.

6 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

He is possibly the best batsman in the world to watch when on top form.

No slogging- just great shots. 

Looked really pumped up too!

Dhoni's main role was to calm him down.

Wasn't great at footy when he played in an Indian kick about at Derbys County Ground but neither was Dohni  .

Seriously on his day he is an amazing batsmen. 

Archived