Derby County XI v Shaun Barker XI

Day

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, sage said:

What a great evening. Nice to see all the legends on the pitch, Very happy to pay my money to see Barker and loads of old favourites.

It was equally as good to see some of the current players taking the pee out of themselves. Ince playing CB, Martin running down the wing robot style and a great dive/arm flail at the ref. I think some who receive an unsympathetic press showed a funny, human side tonight.

I also had to laugh at Camara who seemed to be taking it seriously but couldn't get past Marc Edworthy.

Honestly can't remember the last time I enjoyed a game of football that much.

A massive credit to all involved.

Really enjoyed seeing a lot of those players back at Derby. 

Gutted that we waited the entire first half to get a FK within 'bazooka' range, and then got one right at the start of the second half when Carbonari had gone off!

Such a fun, emotional evening, and for once, I thought the crowd were uniformly great too. The last 10 minutes in particular were great. 

1 hour ago, StaffsRam said:

Honestly can't remember the last time I enjoyed a game of football that much.

A massive credit to all involved.

Really enjoyed seeing a lot of those players back at Derby. 

Gutted that we waited the entire first half to get a FK within 'bazooka' range, and then got one right at the start of the second half when Carbonari had gone off!

Such a fun, emotional evening, and for once, I thought the crowd were uniformly great too. The last 10 minutes in particular were great. 

Since I Was Young never seemed so apt. Hopefully some feelgood factor will spill into league games

11 hours ago, sage said:

What a great evening. Nice to see all the legends on the pitch, Very happy to pay my money to see Barker and loads of old favourites.

It was equally as good to see some of the current players taking the pee out of themselves. Ince playing CB, Martin running down the wing robot style and a great dive/arm flail at the ref. I think some who receive an unsympathetic press showed a funny, human side tonight.

I also had to laugh at Camara who seemed to be taking it seriously but couldn't get past Marc Edworthy.

Fantastic evening. At times Tom Ince was like the good footballing kid in the playground, running around with the ball almost tied to his feet, beating man after man - only to find that there were still another 50 to beat.

12 minutes ago, eddie said:

Fantastic evening. At times Tom Ince was like the good footballing kid in the playground, running around with the ball almost tied to his feet, beating man after man - only to find that there were still another 50 to beat.

Just this time, it was actually just 16 50 year olds. :lol:

I thought Ince warmed to the occasion wonderfully. Tom Ince playing football with a smile on his face, well if we see that in the league then I'd fear for the opposition.

Bucko was great, Will was ace, Grant, Martin, Bryson, JR, all played their parts too. It was great to see TBH and can only bode well for the confidence going back into the league games.

Just now, StaffsRam said:

I thought Ince warmed to the occasion wonderfully. Tom Ince playing football with a smile on his face, well if we see that in the league then I'd fear for the opposition.

Bucko was great, Will was ace, Grant, Martin, Bryson, JR, all played their parts too. It was great to see TBH and can only bode well for the confidence going back into the league games.

Can't have just been me when it went 4-0 pretty quickly, without very much effort, that was thinking "ooooerr, this is erm, fun".

5 minutes ago, Srg said:

Can't have just been me when it went 4-0 pretty quickly, without very much effort, that was thinking "ooooerr, this is erm, fun".

Nah, they were never going to let the current team run away with it. Bringing on the three extra players for the Legends obviously helped, and then things settled down. Tbf, I think the current team played it right. They obviously couldn't just steamroller their elder counterparts, but then nor were they just going to roll over. 

Cant believe that we couldn't get the half Scottish/half Brazilian Tealinho to run out for the Legends....:lol:

Archived