Derby County XI v Shaun Barker XI

Day

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't thank me too much, I was camera man and chief copy and paster, @Srg was the main man on the commentary.....when he wasn't breaking my MacBook. Think it didn't like the cold.

I've got a good 5/8 minutes video footage of the final whistle and Barkers speech which I'll upload tomorrow morning 

And the result that everybody has been waiting for from Harlaw Park, Inverurie.

Scotland U18 0 Wales U18 1 (Scorer - Ifan Jones, or Ivor the Engine or someone)

In the last minute I turned to the kids who were happily enjoying a game of tig around the ground, shouting PENALTY, only to turn around and see the young scottish lad setting up for a free kick, and then I had a load of kids telling me, that's not a penalty, and from the score, you will of realised by now, that the scottish lad ballooned the free kick over the bar, erm anyone for a game of tig?

What a great evening. Nice to see all the legends on the pitch, Very happy to pay my money to see Barker and loads of old favourites.

It was equally as good to see some of the current players taking the pee out of themselves. Ince playing CB, Martin running down the wing robot style and a great dive/arm flail at the ref. I think some who receive an unsympathetic press showed a funny, human side tonight.

I also had to laugh at Camara who seemed to be taking it seriously but couldn't get past Marc Edworthy.

Great night, thoroughly enjoyed. All played to the crowd and entertained in light hearted fashion. My poor son actually cried as he never got to see barks play so I need to get on YouTube tomorrow!!

lovely send off to a top model professional. Great to see hughsey Bach and Bryson and Russell having fun fouling each other!.

and who said they'd never see Blackman score in a Derby shirt, got a hatrick lol!!

If I had been in the country I would have gone.

the Ted McMinn game was great to see those all faces. That reminded you of being a youngster, and supporting the Rams when they were good, playing in the top flight and before life got shitty.

Archived