Simon Teroddo

Stuniverse

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Walsall_Ram said:

17 goals in the 2nd tier of German football..

Big lad (6ft3/4), tho at 28, I doubt he would be the type we were looking at. Definitely more of a Brighton/Sheff Weds/Leeds type of signing.

Really trying to work out what this means.

Id love an explanation.

Firstly are you suggesting that you think we are a more a play on the desk side than say Brighton or perhaps Wednesday. Im sure they would disagree.

Secondly I prefer a more physical side than we are at the moment. We never score from corners of freekicks. Not much of a threat there, Ive said many times before Buxton and even Keane when he was on loan here either score more or look more of a threat than Keogh from a set piece. Same goes for defending. Theres not too many times a team breaks us down from open play, but a long throw in, a cross, and giving away those free kicks in our final third strikes the fear of god into me and probably most of the players. Again, one of our next best players at defending this is an attacking midfielder played wide, who most people would rather replace with Johnny Russell of all people, im talking about Bradley Johnson.

So perhaps a 6"4 bruiser who can score is exactly what we need rather than yet another bryson/butterfield/russell type player.

He's 28 scoring freely in the 2nd league. If he was really that good I suspect that he would have been picked up by bigger boys by now. I can think of a player who scored freely in Scotland who hasn't done  that well in England

2 hours ago, Strange yearnings said:

He's 28 scoring freely in the 2nd league. If he was really that good I suspect that he would have been picked up by bigger boys by now. I can think of a player who scored freely in Scotland who hasn't done  that well in England

German second tier is a higher standard than Kilmarnock.

13 minutes ago, Duracell said:

German second tier is a higher standard than Kilmarnock.

True but my first two sentences still apply

8 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Even big lumps in German leagues tend to have good technique. Although Carsten Jancker did his best to disprove that particular rule of thumb....

As did Nick Proschwitz, who Hull signed from Paderborn for £2.6m

17-goal joint top scorer in Bundesliga 2 when they signed him (although obviously this bloke will end up with more than that) but never got going over here. He was sacked by his last club for exposing himself to a female employee (although apparently it was blown out of proportion, she had a magnifying glass in her hand at the time)

http://the72.co.uk/50311/derby-and-brighton-fight-for-german-striker/

Derby County are battling with Brighton & Hove Albion and Sheffield Wednesday for German striker Simon Terodde, according to a report.

Terodde currently plays his football for VFL Bochum in the second tier of German football but could soon be making the move to England should his form continue.

The striker has scored 17 league goals for Bochum this season and uses his height, 6ft 4ins, to his advantage.  Terodde is a constant physical presence and has been for Bochum in both of his seasons at the club.

His good form this season has led to interest from England, with at least three Championship teams taking a look at the striker, whose current contract expires at the end of next season.

It is understood that Terodde is available for around £1.5 million should any of these sides want to follow up their interest with a bid.  With promotion-chasing Middlesbrough spending around £9 million on Jordan Rhodes in January, Terodde could be a bargain for someone who seems to be well suited to the English game.

Archived