DCFC Fans - 'Arry, Hoddle & Wassall Podcast

Day

Mostyn is our guest this week on the Podcast for what turned out to be an the eventful week, ‘Arry, Hoddle, Wassall and the Rotherham comeback, plus we look forward to the Forest game this weekend.

You can listen to us ramble on through iTunes or online at Podbean which is also available on Android and iOS

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to @AmericanRam 's appearance, be a nice change in accent and hopefully perspective.

Got to keep this at an hour max guys, it drags otherwise and becomes a bit of a chore to listen to, particularly as my headphones give me ear hurt after that length of time.

And @Mostyn6 , you all sound northern to me, being born in Essex and living in Sussex.

Other than that, appreciate you guys doing this, it is interesting and even occasionally informative.

I think I prefer the hour mark, give or take, but there was no way this was going to be short this week given the news items and Mostyn's appearance. No one is making anyone listen to the whole thing, especially in one go. I know with most of the podcasts I listen to, I tend to listen to them to and from work so break it up that way.

Another cracking listen chaps. The first 2 hours of work have flown by!

Interesting comment that Derby's fans are worse than other championship clubs when it comes to booing and player abuse (think it was Mostyn talking about some moron giving Fozzy an ear full).

Struck a chord with me, as Watford were mentioned - I'm no expert by any means, but I have been in the home end at Watford a few times (technically my local club growing up, alongside Wycombe), and can testify to the fact that their fans are more than happy to indulge in player abuse, so I don't think that example rings true. 

In a nutshell, I don't think it's exclusive to Derby. All these clubs have a few idiots amongst the normal fans. We're just all waaaay more exposed to it at Derby because we're at the games and on the forums / social media. 

9 minutes ago, Ramshankered said:

'm no expert by any means, but I have been in the home end at Watford a few times (technically my local club growing up, alongside Wycombe), and can testify to the fact that their fans are more than happy to indulge in player abuse, so I don't think that example rings true. 

was this whilst they were winning promotion? or during the dross years?

Jeez, I drove from Belper to Carlton did a job drove back and it was still on!

i don't mind the long ones, except when I'm listening in bed with my headphones on. Then my sleep tilt switch activates and I can't keep my eyes open.

As for the comment about no other club having fans in the crowd slating their own players, I'm sorry, that's BS.  Every team has them.

the boo'ing stemmed from the last game of the season in the prem, we'd been behind that shower of shiite all season regardless of results and gained the "best fans" tag as a result of it.  But the display against Reading was the start of it, that's where it all stems from.

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

As for the comment about no other club having fans in the crowd slating their own players, I'm sorry, that's BS.  Every team has them.

Boycie, you weren't listening properly. We were 3-0 up and about top of the league.

I didn't specifically say teams don't get slated by their own fans! I do see Newcastle on TV ffs! My point was we were top and winning, and I referred to Burnley (top of the league) and Bournemouth, Norwich and Watford promoted last season. I bet their fans were supportive during a 0-0, not getting angry whilst winning.

I also mentioned people screaming about Chris Martin after he's bagged goals!! No way are any Burnley fans doing the same about Andre Gray!

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

was this whilst they were winning promotion? or during the dross years?

The last time was the season we missed out a Wembley (tbf think Watford ended up 13th?). 

Will never forget that match as it was my birthday and my Dad bizarrely organised us a trip in the home end(!). His reason - "I don't want to be sat next to abusive Derby fans". The Watford end was no better, and we won 3-2!!! 

That was the day I mastered the "mini-fistpump" (a.k.a celebrating your win amongst opposition fans). 

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Boycie, you weren't listening properly. We were 3-0 up and about top of the league.

I didn't specifically say teams don't get slated by their own fans! I do see Newcastle on TV ffs! My point was we were top and winning, and I referred to Burnley (top of the league) and Bournemouth, Norwich and Watford promoted last season. I bet their fans were supportive during a 0-0, not getting angry whilst winning.

I also mentioned people screaming about Chris Martin after he's bagged goals!! No way are any Burnley fans doing the same about Andre Gray!

Was it your point? You all sound the same?

I heard someone talking and assumed it was SRG!

Archived