Formula Scalextric

davenportram

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
2 hours ago, davenportram said:

just watching Formula E. Its not too boring but sounds like our house when I was a kid with Scalextric tracks everywhere.

I watched quite a bit last year, dont get some of the rules, not sure if changed thus year. Dont like the 'fan boost', also dont get the 'minimum' time you have to spend in the pits. Surely if you can get in and out quicker thats better?

Just now, Paul71 said:

Surely if you can get in and out quicker thats better?

Racing drivers will gain any advantage they can, and if you didn't have a minimum pit-stop time, drivers would hop in and strap their belts whilst moving, or even on the track. It's a safety thing.

Yeah its to make sure they are safely strapped in. At the start of the season one or two teams were trialling a detection system that would tell if the various points of the harness were connected properly.

Was a weird race last night, the track wasnt very good but there was some crazy bits, like Buemi ramming D'Ambrosio and then it all kicking off with chicane cuts :D

I really like FE, the sound is better this season as there are a number of different drivetrains which each give a different sound. The racing is some of the most entertaining single seater action you can get.

Curious to see how RoboRace works next season and how the e-GT series gets on.

58 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

Just seen that Di Grassi has had the race win taken from him because his first car was below the weight limit.

Would that have helped the person who has to pick the car up from under the dining-table or chase the dog who had run off with it, and put it back on the track in the little groove?

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, Duracell said:

Racing drivers will gain any advantage they can, and if you didn't have a minimum pit-stop time, drivers would hop in and strap their belts whilst moving, or even on the track. It's a safety thing.

Just seems odd when they sit there having to wait. But i get the safety aspect but you would think they could have someone not letting them go like F1

16 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Just seems odd when they sit there having to wait. But i get the safety aspect but you would think they could have someone not letting them go like F1

True, I agree that's an awkward way to do it, but it's never been done before so crude solutions are only natural.

The aim is to have cars which can last longer and/or recharge quickly during the race, but the technology doesn't exist yet for that to happen.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Duracell said:

True, I agree that's an awkward way to do it, but it's never been done before so crude solutions are only natural.

The aim is to have cars which can last longer and/or recharge quickly during the race, but the technology doesn't exist yet for that to happen.

Are they all in the same cars still? I am sure saw something that said could develop their own from season 2?

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Are they all in the same cars still? I am sure saw something that said could develop their own from season 2?

They can develop their own drivetrains now, next season their own batteries, and season after that, they should be allowed to develop their own chassis. Basically the idea is that they gradually open it up, season by season.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Duracell said:

They can develop their own drivetrains now, next season their own batteries, and season after that, they should be allowed to develop their own chassis. Basically the idea is that they gradually open it up, season by season.

Cool - should make more effort to watch, its just not advertised very well.

8 hours ago, davenportram said:

just watching Formula E. Its not too boring but sounds like our house when I was a kid with Scalextric tracks everywhere.

Nowt wrong with Scalextric ,I am lucky enough to have a large den in the attic and I have a massive layout ,landscaped ,six foot long row of stands .pit lanes  the works .I import racing tyres from the states and have spent far too much time and money on it but a racing night with your mates is top fun.

4 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Nowt wrong with Scalextric ,I am lucky enough to have a large den in the attic and I have a massive layout ,landscaped ,six foot long row of stands .pit lanes  the works .I import racing tyres from the states and have spent far too much time and money on it but a racing night with your mates is top fun.

I wish.

Archived