Stephen Warnock

TheDeadlySaul

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Srg said:

Exactly...

"we have a bloated squad... but wait, don't let anyone leave!!"

The more emotionally challenged fan-base demand to have it both ways - or they'll cry.

3 hours ago, Srg said:

I can. Swings and roundabouts - Warnock may perform better individually but it's at the detriment of the whole balance of the team.

Not really - but he does offer another attacking option.

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

He's garbage. Only redeeming grace is he plays his backside off. Anyway, Good riddance. 

Translation:

I watched him once, he got sent off. I've made my mind up based upon that, and the lady's not for turning.

Warnock stared his career horrendously and did well to turn around the prevailing opinion. I'd have cheerfully shot him after his debut. He's been steady in a poor side for a couple of months, but of very limited use once over the halfway line. Gareth Roberts with a better history.

No tears shed here. Olsson is better going forward and not particularly worse defensively so far as I can tell.

12 minutes ago, eddie said:

So basically it's just the same situation as after Fozzy was injured - no more, no less. We had Warnock as the only left back for 3 months, now we have Olsson.

Nobody was moaning back in November, December or January - so what's changed?

I guess that some people want to have a go at Mel Morris, Darren Wassall and anybody else they can throw mud at any chance they can.

And for 18 months between 13/14 season until Jan last year.

14 minutes ago, eddie said:

So basically it's just the same situation as after Fozzy was injured - no more, no less. We had Warnock as the only left back for 3 months, now we have Olsson.

I guess that some people want to have a go at Mel Morris, Darren Wassall and anybody else they can throw mud at any chance they can.

Are you new to the forum eddie?

Wondering what the fuss is here, decent player bar his opening game over enthusiasm, which he held his hand up for, hard working and didn't do too much wrong as a defender.

Saying that, really will we not get by without him until the end of the season? All a bit meh, move along, nothing to see, gives the kids a chance as back up next year.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

What? 

credit where it's due Ed.

The moaning has been up there with any other club all season.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Apart from getting sent off against Reading, Warnock did nothing wrong at DCFC

He did nothing wrong then.

clattered a couple but that was a soft ref.

6 hours ago, Anon said:

I didn't expect so much weeping and gnashing of teeth over the 2nd choice left back being loaned out. I guess I should've known. This place could go into meltdown if the tea lady retired.

Noooo , say it ain't so , hope the next one knows how to fry bacon and sausage..

Just now, sage said:

I think we are just making space in the squad for a top loan fb. Phillip Lahm, you heard it here first.  

Bit of a let-down if true, he's not played LB for yonks, would rather have someone with recent experience in the position. 

When Warnock was left out at Fulham I was told by a friend who is well connected at the club that Warnock would not play again because he had a clause in his contract when he signed that guaranteed him a one year extension if he played 30 games during the contract period. He is just short of the 30 and he does not figure in the plans for next season.

6 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Bit of a let-down if true, he's not played LB for yonks, would rather have someone with recent experience in the position. 

I was thinking on the bench as a back up for Olsson and Christie. I agree he's not good enough for the first XI. What championship experience does he have? 

13 minutes ago, sage said:

I think we are just making space in the squad for a top loan fb. Phillip Lahm, you heard it here first.  

But he's not a centre half... A German left back? :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

When Warnock was left out at Fulham I was told by a friend who is well connected at the club that Warnock would not play again because he had a clause in his contract when he signed that guaranteed him a one year extension if he played 30 games during the contract period. He is just short of the 30 and he does not figure in the plans for next season.

Thats a bit of a bugger. Probably true. He played 27 league games including 2 sub appearances.

it would explain why we were so keen to get olsson and why there were reports that we were immediately offering warnock to championship clubs.

but we don't need a 34 year old left back.

in the end he was a good signing because he covered for fozzy until we got another bod in.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Translation:

I watched him once, he got sent off. I've made my mind up based upon that, and the lady's not for turning.

No, translation.  I've seen him practically every home game. I have the same opinion as Wassall not Clement. He's a liability. Like I said he plays his guts out I give you that. But Good move saying bye bye and Bradley Fighting Vehicle is a viable tempbackup as is bruiser . 

Archived