Worst ref decision this season?

Day

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best refereeing of the season imho. The referee is supposed to blow up when time is up. The only time he can extend it is for a penalty. Far too many ie all the rest of them, let play continue if one of the sides are on the attack even though time has passed.

Not really defendable in my opinion. It's a minimum of 45 minutes, the ref can play until necessary (within reason). He actually blew as the shot left the players foot. It's pathetic to blow at that time, it would literally be a case of allowing about 2 seconds of play to continue.

I don't know if it's just me but if smacks of a referee who likes his bit of power on a Saturday afternoon and will use it anyway he can. Very, very poor.

This isn't the worst refereeing decision.

there was a throw in near me which clearly deflected off the other player and was given the wrong way.

i was incandescent with rage.

Time is matter of fact.... Not opinion.... 

However, like I've said before, remove timekeeping from Refs and it's one less thing for them to worry about... You'd be surprised how many would be happy with this.

On 05/03/2016 at 21:37, eddie said:

Clive Thomas would have been proud of that

Was wondering if I was the only one ancient enough to recall that moment. 1978 world cup, Brazil v Sweden (?) he allowed time for the corner then blew as it was in the air on way into goalmouth before the guy headed it in weren't it.

Thought he was going to get mugged as he left the pitch for a minute. Being a controversial referee in Argentina doesn't sound like its for the faint hearted.

On 5 March 2016 at 20:58, ilkleyram said:

Best refereeing of the season imho. The referee is supposed to blow up when time is up. The only time he can extend it is for a penalty. Far too many ie all the rest of them, let play continue if one of the sides are on the attack even though time has passed.

And the prats always seem to do it when I have a bet on 

Archived