Ssewankambo gone

DerbyPride

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't seen enough of him to comment (that's an U21 game on Ramsplayer, the Pompey cup game and the Cobblers friendly by the way), and guessing most of the people here bemoaning him leaving haven't seen much more than that.

The only thing I know about him from that is that he's quick. So is Theo Robinson. Not sure what he did in his appearances to suggest he was the next big thing. Those who know more than me tell me his positioning and decision making are very poor.

I trust the Academy staff above my uninformed eyes on this one. But that's just me.

13 minutes ago, davenportram said:

obviously not good enough.

10 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Good enough for a team in the last 32 of the Europa league last season

Not good enough for Derby

Logic.

Not to mention this year they topped the group of Ajax, Fenerbahce and Celtic

19 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Not to mention this year they topped the group of Ajax, Fenerbahce and Celtic

Well, they had got rid of that donkey Ssewankambo, so they were bound to improve.

He had a chance to get in ahead of Christie at the start of the season when he was probably above him in the pecking order. He clearly didn't take it and Christie has probably been in our top 3 performers this season.

Cyrus is also not that much older than him and so the chance of him breaking through would be pretty small. I'm all for bringing youngsters through but moaning about this seems a way of having a cheap shot at Mel and what he's said about the academy. If Mel's as bad as some make him out then you don't need to make mountains out of molehills as an excuse to have a go at him.

53 minutes ago, nottingram said:

He had a chance to get in ahead of Christie at the start of the season when he was probably above him in the pecking order. He clearly didn't take it and Christie has probably been in our top 3 performers this season.

Cyrus is also not that much older than him and so the chance of him breaking through would be pretty small. I'm all for bringing youngsters through but moaning about this seems a way of having a cheap shot at Mel and what he's said about the academy. If Mel's as bad as some make him out then you don't need to make mountains out of molehills as an excuse to have a go at him.

I'm of the opinion that if you haven't made it by your 20/21 probably aren't going to be the required level that Derby need you to be.

That process would inevitably mean that the majority of the current U21s will more likely get released or sold off in the next few months. You are likely only to get one gem out of each crop. We are probably pinning our hopes on Rawson, Hanson and Mitchell from this present bunch  

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

In short, Wassall knows who he wants to bring in from the U18s

Ole Gunnar is no mug, so a bad decision to let him go in my opinion.

That was what I thought when I first read it, Wassall can't think he will be good enough to dislodge Christie and has someone else coming along he rates for the u21's, which makes sense if he feels Ssewankambo would be blocking his progress.

20 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Struggling with this one to be honest.

If we have taken the decision to sell the boy, with no obvious choice for cover at right back. Which in itself is particularly confusing?

What I find further more exasperating is who exactly made this decision, surely not our make shift manager:o:(

You mean the former Academy Manager who probably knows him better than anyone. He isn't good enough, so if someone offers a fee, it's goodbye.  

Archived