Ssewankambo gone

DerbyPride

Wassall doesn't seem to like right backs. First Baird, now the guy with the swear filter hitting name.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Defender-leaves-Rams/story-28853564-detail/story.html

ISAK Ssewankambo has left Derby County to join Norwegian side Molde for an undisclosed fee.

The Sweden Under-21 international spent just over a year with the Rams, making one appearance for the first team.

That came in the Capital One Cup first round tie at Portsmouth at the beginning of this season.

Ssewankambo joined Derby in January 2015 after a spell playing in Holland for NAC Breda.

Before that, he had been on the books at Premier League side Chelsea.

Now, the 20-year-old, who can play at right-back or in midfield, has secured a moved to Norway.

Molde are currently managed by former Manchester United striker and Cardiff City boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Shame!  Glimpses I've seen if him , looked like he had some promise ! 

It was glimpses as well. I can recall seeing him play at Pompey away, Burton and Utrecht, and that's about it. I drew no conclusion.

I suspect we have had to offer players out to reclaim some cash. Although Mel says FFP isn't an issue I think its closer to being one than he's letting on.

We won't have got much for him but every penny counts.

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Was he the first choice right back for the under 21's? Would seem odd if so as he would be the natural player to progress as understudy for the future.

No he wasn't. Not lately anyway, in and out of the team. Plus he's only 3 years younger than Christie and nowhere near the player. 

14 minutes ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

I suspect we have had to offer players out to reclaim some cash. Although Mel says FFP isn't an issue I think its closer to being one than he's letting on.

We won't have got much for him but every penny counts.

Im pretty sure the little money we got for him would make no difference. If we needed money in there are plenty of others we could sell off in the summer who have some real value. I don't detect that Mel is a boom or bust kind of man (I also base this on one of my mates information who has worked with and for him in a senior postion at one of his businesses)

1 hour ago, emjlc02 said:

(I also base this on one of my mates information who has worked with and for him in a senior postion at one of his businesses)

Did he get interviewed for the managers job?

Archived