RicME85

Formula One Championship - 2016 Season

Think Haryanto's might prove to be a bit erratic, although he last tested an F1 car a couple of years ago when they were completely different, so maybe his early adventures can be put down to his fresh start. The Manor is fast enough to make a nuisance of itself this season so we'll soon find out.

I'm looking forward to the midfield pecking order sorting itself out, but up front I'm fearing more boredom.

I'm genuinely in the accepting there is risk camp - I've seen the Killer years program to. It's pretty shocking how it used to be, but if you remove all risk you might as well just run the races on the simulator. Ultimately, no one is forced to compete in motor-sport, same as no one is forced to play rugby etc.

I think the bat mobile makes more sense than the halo - and I liked the old Le Mans cars seems an infinatly better solution if that's the way the sport is compelled to go.

I don't think the qualifying changes will amount to much in the end (if they would have, i've no doubt they'd have been stalled during the process).

new qualifying is boring and stupid. Theres not enough time for the cars to get back out.

plus teams that want to start on the harder compound in the race will go out in Q2 and do one lap, otherwise if hey go out on soft tyres to get through to Q3 they would have to start the race on them

its dull as dishwater.

On 4 March 2016 at 14:08, Duracell said:

Think Haryanto's might prove to be a bit erratic, although he last tested an F1 car a couple of years ago when they were completely different, so maybe his early adventures can be put down to his fresh start. The Manor is fast enough to make a nuisance of itself this season so we'll soon find out.

You nailed that one! Rookie will make mistakes for sure, needs to learn out to navigate the pit lane for starters.

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

new qualifying is boring and stupid. Theres not enough time for the cars to get back out.

plus teams that want to start on the harder compound in the race will go out in Q2 and do one lap, otherwise if hey go out on soft tyres to get through to Q3 they would have to start the race on them

its dull as dishwater.

Agree.....the old excitement as it went down to the last few seconds has gone...nothing happened in the last 3 or 4 minutes.

Looks like they are going to abandon it, but ecclestone reluctant to go back to old one as it will mean mercedes will be 1-2.

But surely isnt that the point? If your fastest then you get pole? He clearly wants to mess the grid up to make the races more entertaining, may aswell say sod it and draw lots if thats what he wants.

He wants what they do in BTCC essentially but instead of a success ballast its a success time addition. Just crap. If you are the best you deserve to be out the front

alonsos accident

and his interview

Fernando Alonso admitted he was not sure where his McLaren-Honda had come to rest because he flew so far in his Australian Grand Prix Formula 1 crash with Esteban Gutierrez.

Alonso clipped the back of Gutierrez's Haas in the Turn 3 braking zone near one-third-distance in the 2016 F1 season-opener.

The McLaren veered left into the wall at high speed then rolled repeatedly when it hit the gravel trap sideways, eventually coming to a halt upside down against the wall at the end of the run-off area.

"You are not exactly aware where you are," said Alonso.

"You are just flying and then you see the sky, the ground, the sky, the ground and you don't know.

"When I stopped I saw a little space to get out of the car and I went out quickly just to make sure that people at home were not too worried about me.

"Then I didn't know where I was because I was so far from the track.

"I said 'I've travelled a lot when I was flying!'.

"Everything [felt like it] happened slower than [it looked on] the outside.

"You want to stop and it doesn't stop, it keeps going and going and going. It was quite scary."

12 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

McLaren look much better this year at least, they will just get better as the season goes on, regular points come summer IMO.

McLaren are indeed better than last year, the bigger compressor on the turbo is helping, problem now is the chassis is showing its weaknesses. It appears the car is eating tyres faster than those around them as the MP4-31 wasnt competitive on the SS.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cd-VnmGW4AAp1p2.jpgCd-VnmGW4AAp1p2.jpg

media_xll_8503241.jpg

Looks like Ferrari can be a thorn in Mercedes' side this season. Shame the crash happened and ruined the Ferrari race plan. Apparently they were concerned they couldnt heat the medium tyre quick enough to use it from the restart hence going with a softer tyre.

Good to see RoGro score some solid points.

I hope Manor can bolt on some upgrades and get at the pack a bit more, would be a shame to waste such a good PU.