Ibrahimovic

scarboroughwa

19 hours ago, McLovin said:

I tempted fate again :lol:. Only went to Man Utd for the money. Let's hope this works: Derby have absolutely 0% chance of getting promoted in the forthcoming season and have more chance of getting relegated

Absolutely no way someone in the MLS or China weren't prepared to pay him more than Man Utd are

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Absolutely no way someone in the MLS or China weren't prepared to pay him more than Man Utd are

MLS have salary caps so they can't spend that much and who knows whether a team in China made a bid. Man Utd are one of the richest clubs in the world and can outprice anybody, hence they're offering stupid money for Pogba

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

MLS have salary caps so they can't spend that much and who knows whether a team in China made a bid. Man Utd are one of the richest clubs in the world and can outprice anybody, hence they're offering stupid money for Pogba

MLS have the Designated Player Rule that allows a team to pay a certain number of players outside of the cap. Hence why big players go there. 

Man Utd can outprice anyone yes, but I guarantee a Chinese club would have been willing to pay more. 

He's going to be getting a lot of money, I'm just saying it's wrong to say he only went to Man Utd for the money. 

I was guest of Tom Glick at Yankee Stadium last year for MLS New York game...

They had just signed Pirlo and Frank Lampard... I was cheeky and asked about wages compared to England / Italy etc,,,

He didn't quote figures but said " the players are more than happy"!! 

Interesting that he mentioned they chose USA over huge offers from China as they can have a relatively quiet life in USA. 

9 hours ago, McLovin said:

A Chinese team can afford to pay Graziano Pelle 350k a week. I reckon they'd have been willing to better United's best offer.

11 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

I was guest of Tom Glick at Yankee Stadium last year for MLS New York game...

They had just signed Pirlo and Frank Lampard... I was cheeky and asked about wages compared to England / Italy etc,,,

He didn't quote figures but said " the players are more than happy"!! 

Interesting that he mentioned they chose USA over huge offers from China as they can have a relatively quiet life in USA. 

Not surprised at all. Being footballer and English media is horrible combination. In Italy it's bit different, it depends who owns the company...

How was Yankee? Never been there.

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

Not surprised at all. Being footballer and English media is horrible combination. In Italy it's bit different, it depends who owns the company...

How was Yankee? Never been there.

Well it's a fairly new stadium these days... They knocked the old one down and rebuilt a new but almost exact model... It's pretty state of the art and always amazing to see The Bronx.., 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not in awe of many players , I appreciate many players at many levels . But watching Zlatan play yesterday made me sad that he hasn't come to the premier league earlier . To me he's the complete centre forward , his touch , vision and finishing are like nothing I've ever seen before and I think it proves the point you don't need out and out pace to be a good centre forward . 

Which leads me on to the comparisons of our very own Chris Martin ( stick with me here please ) . Obviously he's never going to be as good but I think it brings an argument to the table that we need a pacey centre forward . Why? He can still fit into a system now that is a fast attacking style , bring the pace in around him . Play a pacey centre forward or attacking midfielder in with him and 2 pacey wingers and let Chrissy do what Chrissy does ( no wardrobe puns) on a ramble I know and a post about Zlatan has turned into a post about Chris Martin but let's not write him off yet let's just let him evolve . 

• 7 months later...
On 19/02/2016 at 11:53, McLovin said:

More chance of Clement coming back to Derby than Ibra coming to the prem. Ibra will go to serie A, MLS or china.

On 19/02/2016 at 12:03, BurtonRam7 said:

Bookmarked:thumbsup:

Sorry to drag this up randomly, but I was just scrolling through my old posts (to see how much I embarrassed myself) and found this. I won't be too harsh on Mclovin because he's been good to me, especially during my exams last year. Did think it was funny though:p.

• 2 weeks later...
Sith Happens

Will be interesting to see if he recovers from his injury. An ACL injury is massive at any age but at his age could write off most if not all of next season.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, scarboroughwa said:

Not sure Lukaku can keep it up. Could be a poor man's Balotelli before long.

56 goals in 112  English top flight games away from Chelsea. 

Mad that he was never given a chance. His spell at West Brom should have been enough to becone Chelsea's #9.

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, scarboroughwa said:

Would be a bit like taking an old girlfriend back.

Yeah probably best just getting him back for a one off game one night and then leave it at that.

Archived