Welsh Open Snooker 2016

froggg

Ronnie O'sullivan asks before potting a ball in the final frame, how much for a 147? £10000 is the answer, Ronnie refuses to make the 147, taking a pink rather than the black and making a 146, when interviewed later he stated that £10000 wasn't enough for a 147, shocking decision for me, his fans pay a lot of money to see him.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15/02/2016 at 20:52, froggg said:

Ronnie O'sullivan asks before potting a ball in the final frame, how much for a 147? £10000 is the answer, Ronnie refuses to make the 147, taking a pink rather than the black and making a 146, when interviewed later he stated that £10000 wasn't enough for a 147, shocking decision for me, his fans pay a lot of money to see him.

Indeed they do. And even when he gets a 147 he sees only a tiny fraction of that money. That's the whole basis of his argument.

10k is a lot, but they're ripping off their own players because it should be a lot more.

In the old days it was 147k for one or an sports car because they were pretty rare, now they are more common, the prize money goes down. If it was still 147k the sports would go bust unless they get a big sponsor. It does roll over every tournement there isn't one, would be funny though it rolled on a bit and he missed the last black for it

This a pretty good representation

http://cuetracker.net/Statistics/Other/Decade-Comparisons/Centuries-Maximums

1 hour ago, froggg said:

Another incredible performance by Ronnie last night, thought I'd only see a couple of frames before leaving for work, but a 4-0 demolitition happened in a matter of minutes, who will beat him on this form?

himself, probably.

On 18 February 2016 at 04:58, froggg said:

Another incredible performance by Ronnie last night, thought I'd only see a couple of frames before leaving for work, but a 4-0 demolitition happened in a matter of minutes, who will beat him on this form?

On 18 February 2016 at 06:31, storm said:

himself, probably.

Robertson by the look of things, 5-3 after the first session, c'mon Ronnie i've got a couple of groats on you.

18 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

If you backed Ronnie to win presumably you got the 2/1 or better that was available last week,why didn't you back Robertson this morning at 2/1,you couldnt lose,I backed Robertson at 2/1 this morning and have just backed O'Sullivan to win at 13/10,I can't lose

Just think Ronnie will win and didn't want to cover it, only a few shekels so no bother.

Congrats on your winning bet there, @froggg

I thought that Barry Hearn made some interesting comments recently about Ronnie when he said that he was 'nearly bigger than snooker'.

They say that only one person should and can't be bigger than the sport but if you were to take Ronnie out of the game, I feel that the once great sport of snooker would be under threat.

Ronnie was bang on when he said that the publicity he gave the recent tournament, albeit negative, was good for the sport as had he not given the Welsh Open that publicity, nobody would have been aware that the tournament was going on.

An absolute genius and vital to the game whatever you may think of the man.

Archived